PDA

View Full Version : Host Theme

Samarex
December 1st, 2015, 22:59
Good Morning.
Would it be possible to have a option added to the options menu To change the Theme being used for players.
I.E GM sets up campaign for 5e but he assigns the wood theme.
Player Joins and is forced to use the wood theme. But the player would prefer the standard 5E theme or a different theme
So if possible, give either the option to change or the option to ignore campaign theme and load default for the ruleset being used.

Trenloe
December 1st, 2015, 23:17
Interesting idea, it would require some major changes in how FG themes/graphics are shared with players.

Add it to the FG wishlist here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Samarex
December 2nd, 2015, 00:07
Interesting idea, it would require some major changes in how FG themes/graphics are shared with players.

Add it to the FG wishlist here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Ok Think I got it there.

You might also be able to put it as a Join Game option, Check box with ignore host theme

Moon Wizard
December 2nd, 2015, 00:14
Since themes are extensions which are modifications to the ruleset, there's no way for us to tell the difference between a cosmetic extension and a functional extension (i.e. theme vs. new features). Allowing players to ignore the GM extensions could cause many issues when things don't work as expected. If it gets requested enough, I can take a look.

Regards,
JPG

Samarex
December 2nd, 2015, 00:26
Since themes are extensions which are modifications to the ruleset, there's no way for us to tell the difference between a cosmetic extension and a functional extension (i.e. theme vs. new features). Allowing players to ignore the GM extensions could cause many issues when things don't work as expected. If it gets requested enough, I can take a look.

Regards,
JPG

@Moon
I see your point and understand it. So a possible option (just to put the Idea in your head) would be to make themes load separate from extensions. They would still be a extension in all forms of how they work but would be I.E a .thm instead of a .ext at least this way they are distinguishable between cosmetic and functional.

Sorry my mind just rolls when I get a idea.

Moon Wizard
December 2nd, 2015, 01:25
It's an interesting idea, but it would be very limited. The current batch of themes make quite a bit of changes to layout, not just swapping graphics and fonts. Any theme specific options would have to be graphics only to prevent any issues. This really limits the theme makers in what they can do.

I'm thinking some future changes I have planned will help a bit, so we'll see how things evolve for the next major version.

Regards,
JPG