PDA

View Full Version : PFS#7–10: The Consortium Compact (weekday)

xazil
December 1st, 2015, 20:25
The Aspis Consortium pays well, but few can stand its underhanded tactics for long. One operative fed up with the Consortium's practices has contacted the Pathfinder Society with a tempting offer: assist her in leaving the organization, and she will supply the Society with years of insider intelligence about their longstanding rival. It's up to the PCs to navigate Diobel—a proud town run by cutthroat smugglers—earn the defector's trust, and deal a telling blow to their Aspis foes.

"The Consortium Compact" is an evergreen, replayable scenario designed to help introduce players to the Pathfinder Society, the Isle of Kortos, and one of the Society's longstanding rivals.

I will probably run this few times in the weeks upcoming and will likely offer a CORE version if there is a demand.

Calendar for signups https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=1711 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1711)

Please post your interest below along with portrait / XML / previous chronicle or starting gold if fresh character.
Also please note if you wish to play Core or not.

Blackfoot
December 1st, 2015, 20:27
I'm in assuming we can work out the timing. :)

Either CORE or Standard is fine with me.

cmdisc
December 1st, 2015, 20:53
Voted "Yes" on the calendar for Thurs.

Right now I'd prefer Standard for my debuff cleric, but might be interested in a CORE game at another time.

Blackfoot
December 2nd, 2015, 07:19
I am hosed between 5:15 and 6:30 Eastern Time (this game is scheduled from 2-7 Eastern) I need to chauffeur my daughter from and to school at that time. Sorry guys. :(

This means me leaving for about 20 mins.. then another 15 or so a little later on.

cmdisc
December 2nd, 2015, 07:33
If xazil is ok with that, I don't see a problem. It will just mean your character going into Delay-mode during any combats.

"Hey, where'd that brawler guy wander off to? He had his eye on some of those pastries when we passed that baker's shop. Did he run back to buy some?"

xazil
December 2nd, 2015, 12:39
I'm fine with some breaks in there if other people don't mind it. So far from the two runs I have done it is possible to do it very fast but for enjoyment and decision points will mean it will normally go about 5ish hours of play.

Brainpolice
December 3rd, 2015, 04:08
Applied with fresh character. Attached is XML and portrait.

Blackfoot
December 3rd, 2015, 06:03
BP, as I mentioned in the previous thread.. you are better off with a square portrait... it avoids FG squishing it to make it square. Here's the same image with the minimum amount lopped off either side.

cmdisc
December 3rd, 2015, 10:39
Sorry this is late. This is the updated file for Malachi. He played 1 session with HG last night and I'm just waiting on the Chronicle for that. Everything on his Character Sheet should be accurate. I just changed his portrait and persona around a bit. ;)

cmdisc
December 3rd, 2015, 10:40
Applied with fresh character. Attached is XML and portrait.

When you get a chance, make sure to confirm on the calendar.

Blackfoot
December 3rd, 2015, 11:48
I think I'm going to go with Lucky after all. He has a little healing (which we might need) and he's still level 1.
I'm changing his Faction to the Scarab Sages.. it's a better fit for an Archaeologist.

recline187
December 3rd, 2015, 13:23
Are new players allowed to join? This would be my first PFS play. I believe I've made a character in accordance with the PFS guidelines. I've created a half-orc unchained rogue. The one issue I am having is finding a chronicle sheet that players are posting. I have the fillable tracking sheet that comes from the PFS Roleplaying Guilde Guide, but that's it. Thanks!

Blackfoot
December 3rd, 2015, 17:09
Recline187, Chronicles are what players receive after a game.. so the first time for any character they don't have one. The GM will need the following info:
Your Name (As you'd like it to appear on your chronicle)
Your Character's Name
Your PFS #
Your Faction
Your Starting Gold AFTER your initial purchase (Whatever is left from the 150 you get to start with)

That's all the info he will need to prepare your chronicle sheet, which is the record that you played in the event.

recline187
December 3rd, 2015, 18:19
Alright, I appreciate the clarification Blackfoot. I edited the notes section within my character sheet in Fantasy grounds to show all that information.

cmdisc
December 3rd, 2015, 19:01
recline187, the server is up. Go ahead and join the Server Alias "cold thief bold luck" (no quotation marks).

xazil
December 3rd, 2015, 19:06
Recline187 are you coming? We are at start time. Address per below.

xazil
December 4th, 2015, 03:02
Thanks everyone for a good game. Hopefully we can do that little bit to finish off what really has been a good run (just a bit long with interruptions and discussions). I have put up a set of times, I wouldn't expect more 1.5 hours and hopefullly closer to the hour mark to really finish off. Please vote yes/no on times suitable and if none of those work out I can put more going forward.

cmdisc
December 4th, 2015, 07:54
Thanks for running this (so far), xazil. We all did pretty well. Yes with the extra bit of planning and RPing (and the fact that 3 of us were in and out for chunks at a time) things slowed down quite a bit. But nothing really that you or the group in general could do about it. It was what it was.

Also I wanted to point out (spoiler free), that if anyone felt like they made a wrong move about anything, not to worry about it. It's a game. We have fun. Sometimes we knock it out of the park. Sometimes we flub it. It happens. And at the end of the day, it's just a game. So it's all good. :) Take for example, when I shut down Blackfoot's dialog options in that one encounter. I don't feel bad about it at all and will be sure to get in his way time and again for years to come. :p

I've voted "no" for Sunday and Mon right now is up in the air for me. If we started an hour later on Mon, that might make it more a possibility. Regardless of that, Tues is a solid "yes".

Brainpolice
December 8th, 2015, 00:21
As an aside, it turns out all I had to do was reboot my computer before running the update and the update went through fine without problems (unfortunately sometimes I fall into a habit of not rebooting as often as I should).

So I finally won't have to deal with the issue I had the last few sessions I've had on FG, in which I had no choice but to roll everything in the tower and the entire chat box was non-functional, so I was seeing nothing anyone else did that would normally show up there either - and whenever anyone did make a roll, it just made an annoying command box open up with an error. That was making it pretty frustrating to play for me.

xazil
December 8th, 2015, 02:30
Good to hear Brainpolice. :)

diablodevil2
December 8th, 2015, 05:36
So, I'm still not totally understanding how easy it is to drop in/out of a game, would I be able to get in on this one with a level 1 Xazil?

xazil
December 8th, 2015, 05:54
Normally yes, but this is basically now a past event. PFS scenarios are usually single sessions and this is now just a quick finish up. I will probably offer to run this again in the next week or so albeit at a US unfriendly time.

kwarner1986
December 8th, 2015, 15:15
Just do it on a weekend!

xazil
December 8th, 2015, 20:51
Thanks all for platying so far. Ill probably offer Consortium Compact again this weekend albeit at a time that is likely US unfriendly.

bigboom
December 9th, 2015, 08:42
If you get together another game this weekend, will you post up a new calendar? It seems the calendar link on this thread's original post doesn't lead to a calendar entry. (unless my browser is acting strangely and I'm the only one who can't see the calendar entry)

Blackfoot
December 9th, 2015, 08:56
Generally speaking when a game is set the GM can set it to not accepting players... then it doesn't show up for others anymore. This game is now completed.

bigboom
December 9th, 2015, 09:19
Ohhhh... That makes sense....

So if Xazil decides to organize a new game, he'll either create a new calendar entry or re-open up the currently "completed" entry.

Thanks!