PDA

View Full Version : Unable to receive connections to my hosted games unless I use Hamachi

UKnotCooken
December 1st, 2015, 05:39
To all/any that can help...

I have tried everything I could find on the internet to see if I could get FG to work without Hamachi. The reason being is that Hamachi was messing up a friend's computer connection to the internet so he had to uninstall it. I would rather not have him use a detrimental program to his computer in order to play, so I'm turning to the FG community in hopes you can assist me in my issue.

I have so far:
Port forwarded 1802 on my cable modem to the router I use to distribute wifi.
Port forwarded 1802 on my router to the computer on wifi that needs it open

I have so far tested:
Canyouseeme.org with just the ports forwarded - fail
Same with Windows Firewall off and Avast Free AV off - fail

Somehow, as I think that I've forwarded everything to the correct internal IPs, I cannot see my machine on the internet through port 1802. And no, I cannot connect straight to the router or cable modem as I'm upstairs and cannot run a line to it (so please don't suggest). If there's not a way to host via wifi then I guess I just wasted money, because I really want my friend to play, but I really hope that's not the case (because I bought a lot).

I am fairly computer savvy but I'm at a loss at this point. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

damned
December 1st, 2015, 05:44
Send me a PM.
It looks like you are on the right path but just missing something small.

damned
December 2nd, 2015, 02:12
This was a small misconfiguration on the NAT of the incoming router - it ha 3 wan interfaces so just needed to get the right one setup with the NAT and everything else was all set already.

UKnotCooken
December 2nd, 2015, 02:33
This was a small misconfiguration on the NAT of the incoming router - it ha 3 wan interfaces so just needed to get the right one setup with the NAT and everything else was all set already.

Thanks again for all your help!

JerryRig
December 2nd, 2015, 02:44
Damned for the WIN!