PDA

View Full Version : Updater Error when attempting to download my purchases.

Maleioch
December 1st, 2015, 02:50
I just purchased the 5E Core Class Pack and the 5E Monster Manual thru the FG store. When I attempt to update and download them It moves very slow and ultimately reports:

ERROR - GetPackageFiles: Network: time out.

It then retries and fails again. I've haven't had any issues with updating prior to this purchase. Is it an error on FG's end or on my end?

Edit: After the second fail a context box appears and states:

HandleFile
Unable to save file (modules/DD MM Monster Manual.mod) to content vault.

ddavison
December 1st, 2015, 03:03
My connection from across the U.S. to our server appears to be working fine for updates for me. If your file has gotten corrupted somehow, you can always delete the content.dat file in your Application Data Folder and then re-run and Update to rebuild it. If you want, you can also move it to a different location as a backup. Make sure that your license key and username are still entered into your Settings and correct prior to running the update.

If you still have an issue, please double check your anti-virus program to ensure that FantasyGrounds.exe and FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe are not being blocked.

QuietBear
December 1st, 2015, 04:08
I purchased the 5E Monster Manual yesterday and am getting nearly the same message as Maleioch. My message is "HandleFile: Unable to save file (modules/DD Basic Rules - DM.mod) to content vault." I have checked the Windows Fire Wall and I have four entries for Fantasy Grounds. Two are All Profiles(E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fantasy Grounds\FGSteamLauncher.exe) and two are Private Profiles(E:\program files (x86)\fantasy grounds\fantasygrounds.exe) and I have checked my anti-virus and it is set OK. I have tried removing the Fantasy Grounds program via Windows Programs and Files. Help!

Moon Wizard
December 1st, 2015, 04:18
For the time out errors, this is usually related to the network connection being blocked (if constantly blocked)(by Windows firewall, third party security software or router) or attempting to update on a noisy network (if intermittently blocked) (usually a wireless network). If you are getting intermittent success after the time outs, then I suggest moving close to your wireless access point, or plugging into your router directly while updating.

For the unable to save file to content vault errors, this is usually related to the the lack of a correct license key in the License Key or License Key Lite to Full Upgrade fields (you can send a screenshot of your Settings dialog to [email protected] for us to check it over), or that the updater/installer can not write files to the location specified by the data directory (running as administrator from the Start Menu link for Fantasy Grounds will grant enhanced directory access) (this is usually caused by selecting a non-standard FG data directory location).

Regards,
JPG

DrakosDJ
December 1st, 2015, 04:54
I have been getting these same problems every since 3.1.14 download, didn't have the problems prior to that.

Moon Wizard
December 1st, 2015, 05:56
All of the changes I've made to the updater/installer since v3.0.11 (when the content vault was added to support 5E content) are simply changes to the messages displayed.

Do any of the suggestions I made in the post above lessen/resolve the issue? It's possible that something in the OS changed that has increased the chance of this occurring.

Regards,
JPG

QuietBear
December 1st, 2015, 07:20
JPG, I removed all of Fantasy Grounds again and still got the same error but I noticed that there was a button on the Update window that said Install. So, I clicked that and everything installed. It looks good so far but I haven't tried to do an update because I haven't needed to update anything.

Moon Wizard
December 1st, 2015, 07:51
The Install and Update button do exactly the same thing. The only reason you get different text on the button is whether the Fantasy Grounds executable is in the app directory already.

Glad you got it working.

Cheers,
JPG

Maleioch
December 1st, 2015, 22:48
I made no changes. I just decided to go to bed. I just got home from work and tried again and it downloaded in about 10 seconds. All good. Maybe it was Cyber-Monday network issues?

Szabtom
December 9th, 2015, 11:41
I have a very similar problem.
My intro campaign finished and I stopped the monthly ultimate subscription (will buy the license in a few months).
Now I cannot access any of my purchased modules.
Then I removed the license key in Settings, because I thought the invalid key could cause the issue. This resulted in the same problem (no access to modules) plus the error mentioned above: unable to save file to content vault (during DMG update).

ddavison
December 9th, 2015, 22:05
All of the 5E content, and most of the new content in the store requires an active subscription or license to function. Once you re-sub for a subscription or purchase another license, you can re-run an update and it will reactivate all the purchases and campaigns.