PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun interest check

Swipht
November 30th, 2015, 20:00
I thinking about running a Shadowrun game. . . However I'm not that experienced with the system, I've only played 3rd edition a hand full of times.

Going to take me quite some time to input all the rules/stats/blah blah blah since I just downloaded the rule set today. So do I try to trick it out to 5E (I have very few books) or do I keep it 4E which has a more abundant amount of books?

Don't have a time/day or start date for this yet. Nor do I even have a campaign setting in mind. I might run a couple single shots just to familiarize myself with the rules of the new editions before jumping into a thing.

Taonna
November 30th, 2015, 21:46
Depending on times, I'd be super interested in Shadowrun

spite
November 30th, 2015, 22:18
Same here, its a stretch but if the times are right for me I'd love to play Shadowrun

ianmward
November 30th, 2015, 23:21
I'd recommend sticking to 4e for the time being. The ruleset is made for that version and though you could make it work with 5e, it will not be ideal.
There are a number of system changes that will not be supported and some that will be plain wrong.

One day, I'll get around to fixing it up for 5e, I just need time...

I thinking about running a Shadowrun game. . . However I'm not that experienced with the system, I've only played 3rd edition a hand full of times.

Going to take me quite some time to input all the rules/stats/blah blah blah since I just downloaded the rule set today. So do I try to trick it out to 5E (I have very few books) or do I keep it 4E which has a more abundant amount of books?

Don't have a time/day or start date for this yet. Nor do I even have a campaign setting in mind. I might run a couple single shots just to familiarize myself with the rules of the new editions before jumping into a thing.

Swipht
December 1st, 2015, 00:10
Thanks for the advice Ianmward. I'll take your suggestion

Wolfspyder
December 1st, 2015, 04:38
Just to parrot those above, I would be interested as well, depending on time/days. I'm new to Fantasy Grounds, but learning(I am starting a D&D game for some family/friends after close to 20 years away from RPGs). Last Shadowrun edition I played was 2nd, but have been toying with buying 5th to see the changes.

Sheiken
December 1st, 2015, 17:44
I would be intrested , in playing shadow run but I have not played it before.

HogarthUndead
December 1st, 2015, 23:53
I'd be interested, times/dates pending of course. I've even made a character using this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24935) module before.

Stricture
December 2nd, 2015, 16:33
I am interested, once again depending on time. I have not played Shadowrun before, so we can all learn it together :)

linuxnofear
December 2nd, 2015, 23:18
I would as well. I am in UTC+1.

sctorchwoodfan
December 3rd, 2015, 01:14
I would love to play Shadowrun as well depending on time / date. I haven't played since 2nd either.

Renoverant
December 3rd, 2015, 01:22
As would I. We have played a little in my face to face group, but we played 1st andf end edition mish mash. Id love to run the shadows with ya chummer. EST zone just for info.

fatalnightshade
December 3rd, 2015, 23:55
i would love to play some shadowrun been playing alot of shadowrun returns lately and really want to try the P&P version

Swipht
December 4th, 2015, 14:33
Got busy trying to get ahead of my pathfinder game I'm running. I'll start putting some work in on getting all the shadowrun stuff inputted. Once I've made a nice little data base of all the items and what not, I'll be back with a time and day. It's going to be 4th ed. Thanks to everyone who's responded, it's given me the incentive I needed to undertake this little project.

dakkonwastes
December 4th, 2015, 17:27
interested in shadowrun

Renoverant
December 5th, 2015, 00:19
Looking forward to it.

TheDragonEye
December 6th, 2015, 04:29
super interested in playing shadowrun :)

Black Hammer
December 10th, 2015, 02:46
I'm always interested in playing Shadowrun, though it would depend on the time slot you aim to run.

Buwaro Elexion
December 10th, 2015, 19:55
I've only heard others' stories of shadow run and i'd like to throw in too, if you have an open slot. If yes, I'll make sure to grab the book and start reading up on it. My time zone is Easter Standard, and I'm available afternoons on saturday, all sunday, and a few afternoons in the week.