PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying Question

Hand
November 30th, 2015, 18:56
Sorry if this has been answered but, I looked and didn't see it.

When you buy a module, I know if comes with everything setup inside for FG but, does it come with an easy to read PDF (or similar format)? This way I can read it like normal to familiarize myself with the adventure without clicking on everything. Or is it pretty easy to just click on everything and figure out what is going on?

Thank You,
Hand The Newb :)

Nylanfs
November 30th, 2015, 19:02
Welcome to the community! the purchases are not PDF, and you have to have FG up and running to read the storyline, but they are fairly easy to follow along in the section because everything is pretty well cross referenced.

Trenloe
November 30th, 2015, 19:03
You only get the adventure/scenario within FG - no PDF.

The story entries within FG should be setup in order of preferred reading based off the original document used to convert to Fantasy Grounds, allowing you to open the story entries in order. Also, some FG module converters will put links to the next section at the end of story entries so you can read through in order more easily.

Hand
November 30th, 2015, 19:04
Thank you for the fast response. I figured that would be the case, but hoped anyway. This should be adequate though. I appreciate the help.
Now I just need to convince my friends to get the demo and try this out. It looks really cool.
Hand

Zacchaeus
November 30th, 2015, 19:26
Hand, Welcome to the community.

Can I recommend that you have a look at the Lost Mines of Phandelvar. It's the introductory module and there is quite a bit of hand holding in it for DMs and players. It's a good introductory module.

Trenloe
November 30th, 2015, 19:57
Can I recommend that you have a look at the Lost Mines of Phandelvar. It's the introductory module and there is quite a bit of hand holding in it for DMs and players. It's a good introductory module.
Assuming Hand is looking to play 5E, which isn't the only RPG in the world! ;)

Zacchaeus
November 30th, 2015, 22:20

Really? There are others? ;)

JohnD
November 30th, 2015, 22:23
Really? There are others? ;)

Damn straight... Castles & Crusades and Rolemaster.

jshauber
November 30th, 2015, 22:24

One RPG to rule them all...

dulux-oz
November 30th, 2015, 23:48

That would be my Übergame RPG :)

Seriously though, Hand, Welcome! to the Community.

Let me offer this advice to help you and your friends and possible convince them as well - if you haven't done so already then I strongly recommend you check out the various Tutorial Videos available on the FG Wiki. Damned's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below). Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG form the foundation of just about all of the RPGs we play with FG, and by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with FG. Then, once you've done that move on to the specific Vids for your favorite RPG.

(There ya go Zacc - another one :p )

Cheers

Hand
December 1st, 2015, 02:14
Thanks for all the helpful responses!

But we need a winner here... I am thinking about playing...DnD 5e! Congrats Zacchaeus!

Nylanfs
December 1st, 2015, 04:20
No, play Shadowrun!

Valarian
December 1st, 2015, 07:07
That would be The One Ring

JohnD
December 1st, 2015, 07:14
Ultimately it doesn't really matter what you play, although we all have our preferences; just get gaming!

dulux-oz
December 1st, 2015, 08:44
Ultimately it doesn't really matter what you play, although we all have our preferences; just get gaming!

Hear Hear!

Well said, Sir!

LordEntrails
December 1st, 2015, 23:49
Also I'd suggest taking a look at the FGDaze threads and games. They are one day events this coming weekend and would give you a feel for how the software runs as well as an introduction to some of the DMs and players around here.