PDA

View Full Version : Player License

GunbunnyFuFu
November 30th, 2015, 04:55
Back in 2012, I purchased a "Player's License" as well as a "Fantasy Grounds" License at the same time. I'm assuming that the Player's license is the Lite license...I don't see those offered anymore. Have they been done away with? I'm also assuming that the FG license was the "Full" license?

Just seeing if I have to buy another license for my wife's computer (I gave her the player license) so that she can play in games, but will she need to upgrade to a full license in order to run games?

Thanks!

GB

damned
November 30th, 2015, 05:08
Yes she will need an upgrade to run games.

Trenloe
November 30th, 2015, 06:13
But she should be OK with the lite licence if she just wants to play in a game.

GunbunnyFuFu
November 30th, 2015, 11:52
Ok thanks!

GB

Trenloe
November 30th, 2015, 14:57
Additionally, in case you hadn't noticed, the upgrade from lite to full is not listed in the store. However, there should be an upgrade button on the main FG launch screen that will allow you to upgrade.

Hecklerus Prime
December 1st, 2015, 02:59
My group and I also need a bit of clarification on this, as we have been away from FG for a while. What are the equivalencies for each of these licenses now (Our thoughts are in parentheses)?

Lite (FG license but cannot GM)
Upgraded Lite to Full (FG license)
Full (FG license)

If one of our players has a Lite and wants to upgrade to the Full equivalent so he can GM, does he need to purchase a new Fantasy Grounds license? Or can an old Lite GM now?

ddavison
December 1st, 2015, 03:07
Old Lite licenses still can't GM. We no longer sell those because we didn't think the user experience represented the best that Fantasy Grounds had to offer. You can still re-install those as needed using the same license key and the All Licenses download link from the Downloads page. Once installed, Lite users can click on the Lite to Full Upgrade button and it will start the upgrade process and give them a 2nd key to enter into their settings, essentially upgrading them to the FG license we currently sell. Upgraded Lite users will need to keep both keys for any future re-installs and will always need to reinstall the Lite first and then upgrade again.

Hecklerus Prime
December 1st, 2015, 03:52
Awesome. I'm glad that's the route that was taken. One of the reasons FG is always my VTT of choice. Thank you, ddavison.

miscer
December 2nd, 2015, 02:21
Old Lite licenses still can't GM. We no longer sell those because we didn't think the user experience represented the best that Fantasy Grounds had to offer. You can still re-install those as needed using the same license key and the All Licenses download link from the Downloads page. Once installed, Lite users can click on the Lite to Full Upgrade button and it will start the upgrade process and give them a 2nd key to enter into their settings, essentially upgrading them to the FG license we currently sell. Upgraded Lite users will need to keep both keys for any future re-installs and will always need to reinstall the Lite first and then upgrade again.

sorry but i dont found the "lite to full upgrade button" :cry:

damned
December 2nd, 2015, 02:26
when you start FG what does it say on the splash screen on the top right hand corner?
eg mine says v.3.1.4 ULTIMATE
maybe you actually have a GM license already or maybe you havent put your lite license into the settings yet?

miscer
December 2nd, 2015, 22:46
when you start FG what does it say on the splash screen on the top right hand corner?
eg mine says v.3.1.4 ULTIMATE
maybe you actually have a GM license already or maybe you havent put your lite license into the settings yet?

hey, good tip, I forgot to register, I found the button, thanks