PDA

View Full Version : Images Not Loading

kider
November 29th, 2015, 19:37
Hello all,

I am running a campaign and most of my users can see the maps, but one of them only see the markings we make in fantacy grounds with a white background.

Any thoughts?

-Kider

Trenloe
November 29th, 2015, 19:40
Ask the player to exit FG. On the "Join Game" screen they should click the nuclear icon in the top right - this will clear their cache which might have been causing the issue. Then get them to rejoin the game and re-share the map. See if that makes any difference.

You could also try unsharing (click the (p) icon after the map entry in the campaign list) and resharing.

kider
November 29th, 2015, 19:48
Thanks for the reply,

Here are the troubleshooting steps applied:

Restarted FG
Run FG as admin(to ensure file system access)
Cleared the cache
unshared and reshared both before clearing and after
Changed the File type (Started as jpeg -> changed to PNG)

Issue is only occurring for one user, who is on the same update version as the rest of the clients, the only difference in the configuration that i can tell is that they have a ultimate license and the other players are unlicensed connected to my ulti.

Andraax
November 29th, 2015, 19:55
Have the affected player nuke their cache and re-connect. That will force a new download of all the shared content.

Trenloe
November 29th, 2015, 19:55
Restarted FG
Run FG as admin(to ensure file system access)
Cleared the cache

To confirm - the player with the issue did the above 3 things?

Don't change the image to PNG as this will increase the image size and if the issue is caused by download issues make it more than likely to happen - keep it as JPG with a quality of between 50 & 75.. What is the file size of the image?

kider
November 29th, 2015, 20:02
To confirm - the player with the issue did the above 3 things?

Don't change the image to PNG as this will increase the image size and if the issue is caused by download issues make it more than likely to happen - keep it as JPG with a quality of between 50 & 75.. What is the file size of the image?

Yes the user has done the above steps. And we have kept both files in the folder for troubleshooting. The sizes are of different sizes but none load. And the user has connected several times with extended time for char creation with the maps pre shared so download load speed shouldn't be a factor.

-kider

Trenloe
November 29th, 2015, 20:15
What are the actual file sizes of the images?

Get the player to perform the following steps:

Start up FG using right-click -> Run As Administrator.
Join the campaign and the GM shares the image with the player. Give it a few minutes.
Exit FG.
Start up FG using right-click -> Run As Administrator.
On the first screen click the folder icon in the top right.
In the file explorer window that appears, navigate to cache\<campaign name>
Provide a screenshot of the whole of file explorer so we can check the files being created, file locations, etc..

kider
November 29th, 2015, 21:08
The player has resolved the issue,

The process he took was

"I had to redirect the hosted game data to a completely new folder, then clear cached data, than rejoin."

So i am thankful for the time that the responses took,
Kider

P.S.
file sizes:
838kb
269kb
133kb
904kb

In case this assists with future cases.

Trenloe
November 29th, 2015, 21:17
Glad that it's fixed. I'm guessing that running FG as administrator (right-click -> Run as Administrator) would have fixed it too - we seem to be getting a few people recently having issues saving FG data to certain file locations, and running as administrator (not just logging in as an administrator) has fixed the issue.

Nylanfs
November 30th, 2015, 01:05
I have seen reports of MS putting out a patch that has messed with people's system security.

damned
November 30th, 2015, 03:00
I have seen reports of MS putting out a patch that has messed with people's system security.

Do you know what patch this is?

poppy_thompson
December 2nd, 2015, 19:14
This sounds like an issue I am having as well. I have experienced it while connect thru the localhost. The image attached shows the DM screen on the left and the player screen on the right. You can see the map and several of the tokens are not appearing. There other time this has occurred was during a game hosted by another person. I was able to see the maps, but none of the other character tokens.

Is this similar to what you were seeing kider?

I have cleared the player cache on my system. It appears to have worked.

I won't know about the game hosted by the other person until next Tuesday. If you don't hear from me, it will mean good news.

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2015, 19:24
This sounds like an issue I am having as well.
Can you try running both instances as Administrator (right-click on the startup icon and select "Run as Administrator") and see if the same issue occurs?

poppy_thompson
December 2nd, 2015, 19:39
Can you try running both instances as Administrator (right-click on the startup icon and select "Run as Administrator") and see if the same issue occurs?

I ran both instances as Administrator. The maps and token were visible. Of course, I should have done this before clearing the cache. Now, I am not sure if running as Admin would fix the problem or if the clearing the cache had already resolved it.