PDA

View Full Version : Hot Key to Dice Tower?

ffujita
November 29th, 2015, 08:29
As a rogue, I'm hiding all the time (Stealth Skill) -- and the DM almost always wants me to put this die roll in the dice tower. How can I do this using function keys? Or is it not supported?

GunnarGreybeard
November 29th, 2015, 08:33
Pretty sure you can't but will let someone else jump in and confirm that.

ffujita
November 29th, 2015, 08:46
I found this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19836-Keyboard-shortcut-to-roll-in-the-dice-tower) -- I'll track down the dice tower extension, and see if I can get my GM to install it. Apparently that extension isn't compatible with 5e -- unless the "movable dice tower" CoreRPG extension allows chat commands too.

damned
November 29th, 2015, 09:31
Just drag the roll to the hotkey and then you can drag the hotkey to the tower.

Zacchaeus
November 29th, 2015, 10:56
Just drag the roll to the hotkey and then you can drag the hotkey to the tower.

I think what he wants to do is get a function key to roll a dice into the tower for him without having to do any dragging.

Sorry, but there isn't a way to do that; you'll have to do the drag thing.

Either that or stop hiding so much :)

ffujita
November 29th, 2015, 11:02
Yes, in an ideal world, I could put some command on the function key so that it would roll directly into the dice tower. And it isn't so bad dragging from the function key -- especially if you put the command on the function key that is closest to the dice tower. But you don't really know what you can and can't do until you do some research. So, now I know.

JohnD
November 29th, 2015, 16:45
There is an extension for Rolemaster that does this... perhaps take a look at that?

ffujita
November 29th, 2015, 20:42
The thread I linked had an extension that would work with D&D 4. Is there a reason to believe that either of them might also be compatible with 5e?

Trenloe
November 29th, 2015, 21:01
The thread I linked had an extension that would work with D&D 4. Is there a reason to believe that either of them might also be compatible with 5e?
It makes use of code from a couple of years ago, but it doesn't overwrite anything from the base ruleset. So, it won't break anything. Give it a go - see if it works.

Hector Trelane
November 30th, 2015, 01:14
...you don't really know what you can and can't do until you do some research. So, now I know.

True dat ;)