PDA

View Full Version : Checksun for modules when updating.

Zephyros
November 28th, 2015, 22:48
Why I have to download every single module again each time I click in Update?

Can you guys make a checksun and skip modules that have success on it? Not everybody have bandwidth to download all every time (here is about 600mb each time).

Because of these constant downloads, sometimes the modules breaks, and all the images inside it becomes gray.

Moon Wizard
November 28th, 2015, 22:55
The modules don't always update. There is a checksum that is used to determine whether any product files need an update. The file is only updated from our server if you actually see an updating message for a specific file.

However, the content vault is write once, so the files have to be copied from the old vault to new vault for 5E content which takes many seconds for each product.

Regards,
JPG

Andraax
November 28th, 2015, 23:07
My installation only downloads the updated modules and skips those that have not changed.

Zephyros
November 29th, 2015, 00:12
Ok, made two consecutive updates and the second time didn't download the modules again.

But still some PoA maps (that had players tokens in it) don't load anymore, they stay in gray. But I reseted the modifications and now they load properly. But some tables don't open:
"Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module. (DD Dungeon Masters Guide)".

You guys updated the links of these tables? I'll have to buy the DMG module to these work?

Moon Wizard
November 29th, 2015, 00:50
Each module is supposed to be self-contained.

This may be fixed in the Test channel where we are queueing fixes for our next patch release. I'll have to check when I return to my computer. If not, I'll report to the module developer.

Thanks,
JPG

Zeus
November 29th, 2015, 12:14
Which tables are not working Zephyros?

Cool name by the way ;)

Zephyros
November 29th, 2015, 22:21
What I can remember is that the 'Abbess's Chambers' location and 'Shine of Stone - Qarbo's' parcel are not linked in the map of Sacred Stone Monastary and the Table: Ring Resistance from the ring founded in the The Haunted Crypts below.

Edit. BTW, my nickname was chosen for a Air Genasi some years ago lol.