PDA

View Full Version : Best organized Modules\Adventures?

Sigurd
November 28th, 2015, 22:04
While I'm considering my own writing, I thought I'd put the question to you all.

For the rulesets you play what are the best organized and presented adventures you have bought. I'm not actually talking about the most fun (although I recognize that is important) what I'm asking is which adventures made sense in their presentation and taught you the most about organizing an adventure?

Sigurd

Nickademus
November 29th, 2015, 05:25
I have little to compare it to, but I learned to use FG off of the 'Fangs From the Past (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=OGMABP01FG2)' module. The organization was well done and I only had a couple complaints about the module as a whole. It is definitely one example for possible templates for module design.

Zacchaeus
November 29th, 2015, 11:19
For 5e all of the modules are pretty well organised and thought out. The Lost Mines of Phandelvar is the best place to start since it pretty much walks the DM and players through the sessions - it's meant to be an introduction into 5e.

Trenloe
November 29th, 2015, 14:46
This one is well laid out: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=CHA0321AFG

This has multiple links at the bottom of story entries and well laid out chapter/section contents with links to other sections and entries within the section. The key to organizing a FG module is to provide easy navigation for the GM reading the scenario for the first time (i.e. allow them to read from start to finish if they wish) and also easy navigation/access to information when running a game. These are two different things but can be accomplished within the same FG module, but it needs good up-front thought from the module designer/converter and also a lot of work on the back end adding in all of the navigation links throughout the story entries and on the maps.

Nylanfs
November 29th, 2015, 14:56
Are you talking about how the actual print source is organized? Or how the FG module is organized?