PDA

View Full Version : Druid Shapeshifting in FG

pacio49
November 28th, 2015, 19:24
I'm loving Fantasy Grounds, and had a question which has probably been raised hundreds of times here before (like Barbarian Rage coding, it seems like some things just pop up regularly).

What is the best way to handle Druid shape-shifting for a Moon Circle Druid character who wants to make shifting into an entire menagerie a central part of their character play? Just pull in the tokens for the beast form from MM entries and do the swap-out of the mental stats on the fly? Do up a 'new' PC sheet for each of the Druid's "favorite" forms and have the Druid connect with two instances to FG to show that he's shapeshifted? Somewhere between the two?

Thanks for the heads up on any options or old conversation threads in advance.

Zacchaeus
November 28th, 2015, 20:03
This is the post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24754-Druid-Wild-Shape) you are looking for.

pacio49
November 28th, 2015, 20:17
Yes, that answers it. For those not willing to click through to the post, it comes to the conclusion that the easiest way to handle multiple forms was to share the beast form entries from MM as NPCs that the PC has access to via shared sheets. Just change the faction of the NPC to 'Friendly' on the combat tracker, and let the Druid's player handle the stat changes on the fly.

I've already created a new PC sheet just for the Druid's preferred shape of Brown Bear (at low levels), but I'll switch to the NPC menagerie entries as the Druid picks up more forms.

Thanks for the nod to the older thread.

Zacchaeus
November 28th, 2015, 20:26
I went down the full PC sheet route, for a whole bunch of reasons but mainly because you can more easily handle the ability scores (there's a helluva lot of stuff depends on those) and also it's much easier to set up effects for things like the druids heal and if, for example, the character is a dwarf you can much more easily handle stuff like resistance to poison etc. Of course I limited my Druid character to just the three animals to cut down on the work; no use giving players a free reign in this matter - they just take the pi ... I mean advantage. :)