PDA

View Full Version : Why I Pay Monthly for Ultimate Instead of Buying it Outright

jajen2003
November 28th, 2015, 15:42
So if you look at the cost of the Ultimate License, it seems like the monthly route is less expensive. And if you're just dabbling in FG to get a hang out the features or try it out with your group, then it's a great way to wet your feet.

But if you're committed to FG and know that you'll be playing for some time to come, then the monthly sub can get even pricer than the one-time purchase price.

I LOVE Fantasy Grounds. It's the best game management software on the market today. I use it for local and remote games.

So why do I pay monthly still even though I know I'm going to be playing for years to come?

Because good software needs constant support.

My payment every month ensures a constant cash flow for SmiteWorks. Which in turn means that Doug and Co. can keep developing more content for users. That means new rulesets, enhancements, features, modules, artwork, all of it. All the things that I and many other users, love about Fantasy Grounds.

So instead of buying it outright for the one-time price, consider a monthly subscription. It's your small contribution to keeping Fantasy Grounds growing so we and future gamers can have a reliable platform for many many games to come.

No, I was not paid or offered anything for this post. I just really want consistency in gaming and Doug and Co. have done great things to make that happen. I just hope others see the importance of it and help out.

:D

ddavison
November 28th, 2015, 17:47
Thanks J. We have a lot of work to do still, but we are definitely committed to constantly improving the experience for everyone. Indeed, the monthly subscriptions are always nice because it makes budgeting a little easier. Aside from that, the best way people can support us is by talking about Fantasy Grounds with other gamers and on other channels like FB, G+ and other gaming forums and inviting other players and DM's who may be using another VTT to give it a try.

midas
November 29th, 2015, 01:11
I've beat my FG drum so hard and so often that I've had to replace it twice.

dulux-oz
November 29th, 2015, 03:22
I've beat my FG drum so hard and so often that I've had to replace it twice.

Your drum, or something else... :p

Sorry, I couldn't resist - forgive my schoolboy humour :)

Cheers