PDA

View Full Version : Some bugs in Deadlands

heyhogan
November 27th, 2015, 03:41
I was trying to "drag" the Colt Lightning to [1d6] to a character in the combat tracker to make an attack and got the error "Script Error: [stroing"scripts/manager_skill.lua"]80:attempt to index local'sSkill"(a nil value)

Further, when I went to the NPC, deleted the current colt lighting, and then tried to drag a new one from the players guide onto it, it would not work. The old one also had a melee icon.

Was also wondering if Deadlands Reloaded and 50 Fathoms should support the "Apply Damage" feature in the combat tracker. I can get this to work in the standard SW, but not these two modules. Seems like targeting for the modules is not quite the same yet. Would love it if this worked the same in all three.

Skellan
November 28th, 2015, 00:53
are you using the enhanced library module?

The apply damage seems to be working ok for me in deadlands. What version of sw/core are you running?

(I am just trying to be helpful, I don't really know that much about the ruleset side of things.

heyhogan
November 28th, 2015, 20:34
Saint - thanks for the feedback. I was not using the enhanced library module. I am running SW 4.2.2; Deadlands 2.2.1 Build 1. I was wondering if it was a settings thing, as I just set this up so I am trying to do a side by side. If you say it works, then at least I know my effort is worth the time!

phantomwhale
November 29th, 2015, 10:43
I was trying to "drag" the Colt Lightning to [1d6] to a character in the combat tracker to make an attack and got the error "Script Error: [stroing"scripts/manager_skill.lua"]80:attempt to index local'sSkill"(a nil value)

Further, when I went to the NPC, deleted the current colt lighting, and then tried to drag a new one from the players guide onto it, it would not work. The old one also had a melee icon.

Was also wondering if Deadlands Reloaded and 50 Fathoms should support the "Apply Damage" feature in the combat tracker. I can get this to work in the standard SW, but not these two modules. Seems like targeting for the modules is not quite the same yet. Would love it if this worked the same in all three.

I don't really understand the first part - perhaps you could expand on what you did to create the error ?

Regarding the trouble with applying damage, I did manage to recreate this in a new DLR campaign, so will investigate this as soon as I can.

Ben