PDA

View Full Version : [FGDaze3] Undermountain, Through the Yawning Portal

LordEntrails
November 27th, 2015, 03:11
The word has gone out, bards have been paid to tell the stories, posters have been couriered through the Realms; brave souls are needed to once more tame the Undermountain. More than a decade ago the mad wizard Halaster died, but rather than becoming less dangerous, it seems more dangerous now than ever before.
Stout warriors, knowledgeable arcanists, devout priests, and reliable rogues are sought to make their fortunes and purge the evil from beneath the City.

Play Time - 08:00 MST (-0700 GMT)
Genre - Dungeon Delve
Ruleset/Setting - D&D 5th Edition / Forgotten Realms
Calendar Entry - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1700
Characters - 2nd Level Pregens Provided
Voice: Teamspeak on ts.fg-con.com with headset

This will be a three hour delve. I've been working on developing a FG 5E version of the legendary Undermountain dungeon. Incorporating information from published accessories from Ruins of Undermountain (1991) through Halls of Undermountain (2012) but adopted for the next generation of adventurers. If you've delved through the Undermountain before, you will recognize the places, but with new twists, traps and monsters your experience might just lead you astray. If you've never experienced the Undermountain, now is the time to partake in a small portion of this epic adventure.

All players welcomed, experience with D&D 5E and Fantasy Grounds not required.

To Apply

Reply to this post with your interest
Choose a character from the list below
Visit the calendar entry, apply there with the desired character

Post any questions, comments, etc in this thread.

LordEntrails
November 27th, 2015, 03:14
Available Pregen Characters

[Name, class, background, race, sex, other, alignment]
- Niserie, cleric (Mieliki), acolyte, wood elf, female, domain of nature, NG
- Edgar Scarface, cleric (Tempus), gladiator, half orc, male, domain of tempest, CN
- Rhogdinn, barbarian, urchin, dragonborn (white), male, CG
- Rorgo Rockhelm, paladin (Ilmater), soldier, dwarf (mountain), male, LG
- Rrohd Grimcutter, fighter, folk hero, half-orc, male, NG
- Alunair Songdancer, ranger, outlander, half-elf, female, CG
- Drake Grave, rogue, noble, human, male, CN
- Fate Nemisis, rogue, pirate, halfling (lightfoot), female, CG
- Comet Darksilver, warlock (fey), charlatan, tiefling, male, NG
- Quake Royal, wizard (evocation), sage, elf (high), male, NG
- Talon Lordkiller, sorceror (wild magic), hermit, gnome (forest), male, CG
- Paradox, monk, spy, human, male, LN

travelers_spirit
December 1st, 2015, 02:27
Looking forward to the game!! I only have limited experience with Fantasy Grounds so far, but have been doing a bit of research and creating characters to figure things out.

I would pick:
Rorgo Rockhelm, paladin (Ilmater), soldier, dwarf (mountain), male, LG
-- Ilmater sounds like an interesting god to worship, for sure.

A good paladin is always handy.

LordEntrails
December 1st, 2015, 22:55
Welcome!

I'm looking forward to having you. Let me know any questions, also we still have room, so see if you can get your friends to play (they don't need an FG license, just to install the free/demo version).

bawsr
December 3rd, 2015, 04:32
My Calendar is showing this as 9am CST. Is that correct?
How long do we expect to play?

I have signed up. I would play whatever is needed. If I had to choose it would probably be a barbarian :D Been playing DND forever.

MODERATOR: Moved to the correct thread for the game to which this user has signed up (based off the calendar entries for LordEntrails two different FGDAZE games).

Siluroo
December 3rd, 2015, 08:03
Hi

Recently purchased FG, and looking to try it out, played some AD&D many many moons ago, but not a lot, so basically a new player, I think Talon Lordkiller would be a bit of fun :) but any character would be fine. Game start time is 2am for me (AEDT) but that is a good thing, as no interruptions from anybody :)

Zook
December 3rd, 2015, 22:01
Hello,

I would like to participate on Saturday I played a few seasons so far and I like FG and the 5th Edition D&D as character I would like play Talon Lordkiller, sorceror (wild magic), hermit, gnome (forest), male, CG and provoke the tides of chaos as often as possible ;-).

Kind Regards,
Zook

Zook
December 4th, 2015, 08:31
Oh I just noticed someone else would like to play Talon so I would go with Rhogdinn, barbarian, urchin, dragonborn (white), male, CG and totally gone breath ice.

Siluroo
December 4th, 2015, 11:35
hey

I am easy, I put down the thief dude on the calendar, really I just want to get some experience with FG and DnD, so anything is fine with me, thought with my voice, playing a female character is just going to sound all wrong lol, anyway, if u still wanting to play Talon, i would say go for it and hope the GM picks you for the role

LordEntrails
December 5th, 2015, 01:12
Sorry I didn't get back to everyone sooner, been a busier couple of days than I expected. I will be going through my PM's and have already gotten the order of signup in this thread then I will go into and accept those still waiting.

Once I've done that, I will send out an PM to those of you accepted (I simple use order of signup, all are welcome). And another PM to those on the wait list.

We will be playing for 3 hours. Give me an hour to get through everything and get out PMs and then let me know any outstanding questions that I haven't answered by then :)

bawsr
December 5th, 2015, 04:46
Be there in a few hours. If I had to choose ( I see someone else really wanted the Barbarian, I could play the Monk :) or as always. I can pick up and play any character!

travelers_spirit
December 5th, 2015, 06:51
Looking forward to the game. Feel free to use my details for playtesting / reference purposes to WofC etc.

Siluroo
December 5th, 2015, 11:15
Are watching the clock, only 3hrs and 45 minutes to go until start, u can also use my details for whatever

Siluroo
December 5th, 2015, 18:19
ty for the game, had a great time :)

Zook
December 5th, 2015, 19:08
yes it was very nice and i like the difficulty perfectly set

LordEntrails
December 5th, 2015, 20:41
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. Setting the deadliness is always tough. But even though you had a TPK, seemed like everyone had fun, and that's what I aim for.

bawsr
December 5th, 2015, 21:29
My favorite moment was getting blasted by my own party member :) I thought the Paladin was going to die!

Zook
December 5th, 2015, 21:59
Ah I think we forgot to roll the wild magic surges on talon =(

Wulfquee
January 3rd, 2017, 20:51
if room i like to join . play Drake Grave Rogue

LordEntrails
January 3rd, 2017, 20:56
if room i like to join . play Drake Grave Rogue
Hey Wulfquee, unfortunately this one I ran for the Dec 2015 FGDaze. This time around I'm running Horror in the House of Dagon (which is full).

I'm not sure which other games might have room. But let me know if not. I've been debating running a second game (maybe this one or something else) but didn't know if there was much need or demand.

LordEntrails
January 3rd, 2017, 20:57
Hey Wulfquee, unfortunately this one I ran for the Dec 2015 FGDaze. This time around I'm running Horror in the House of Dagon (which is full).

I'm not sure which other games might have room. But let me know if not. I've been debating running a second game (maybe this one or something else) but didn't know if there was much need or demand.

Note, even though it's full, it wouldn't hurt to post in that thread that you want to join the waitlist. Experience indicates that no shows and drop out happen.

Varsuuk
January 6th, 2017, 05:17
Doh, didn't look at date, since thread showed near top thought was this time around. I was very interested in seeing that dungeon lol oops. maybe if ya run it again in future.

Will now go look to see what game system you are using for other one you ARE running and times.

LordEntrails
January 6th, 2017, 16:43
Doh, didn't look at date, since thread showed near top thought was this time around. I was very interested in seeing that dungeon lol oops. maybe if ya run it again in future.

Will now go look to see what game system you are using for other one you ARE running and times.
I will be running it again, just not sure when. Probably next FG Con.

Varsuuk
January 7th, 2017, 07:49
I will be running it again, just not sure when. Probably next FG Con.

And I will camp the Join button when it does ;)