PDA

View Full Version : Bladesong Effect

GunbunnyFuFu
November 26th, 2015, 01:21
Trying to piece together a Bladesong effect for my bladesinger. The power Effect would be AC: [INT]; ADVSKILL: Acrobatics; [SELF] correct? Is there an effect to increase movement speed by 10'? Also, when the effect is active, will it show on my character sheet as me having a +4 (int) bonus?

GB

GunbunnyFuFu
November 26th, 2015, 06:44
OK. It looks like that worked, save for something to increase movement speed by 10'.

rob2e
November 26th, 2015, 08:44
OK. It looks like that worked, save for something to increase movement speed by 10'.

Nothing yet to automate movement, that's just done by remembering it. Ha!

Zacchaeus
November 26th, 2015, 09:42
Trying to piece together a Bladesong effect for my bladesinger. The power Effect would be AC: [INT]; ADVSKILL: Acrobatics; [SELF] correct? Is there an effect to increase movement speed by 10'? Also, when the effect is active, will it show on my character sheet as me having a +4 (int) bonus?

GB

You have the correct syntax; the effect you created should work just fine. The additional AC won't show anywhere on your character sheet but once you have the effect placed on your character you will see the additional amount on the Combat Tracker under effects.

As rob2e says there's no effect that messes with speed. Jut alter the speed on your character's main tab. You can either click the magnifying glass and add the amount in the dialog or you can hold your mouse over the entry on the character sheet, hold down CTRL and move your mouse wheel to add the 10'.

GunbunnyFuFu
November 26th, 2015, 13:54
Thanks!

tedrion
December 10th, 2015, 19:37
I can never get these condition modifiers to work. I used the exact syntax above. It shows as a condition on my character, but the combat tracker doesn't adjust the AC at all showing on the tracker. I have this problem allot. Armor doens't adjust AC either, and spells don't. It's never worked for me. Thoughts?

tedrion
December 10th, 2015, 19:39

Zacchaeus
December 10th, 2015, 19:48
I can never get these condition modifiers to work. I used the exact syntax above. It shows as a condition on my character, but the combat tracker doesn't adjust the AC at all showing on the tracker. I have this problem allot. Armor doens't adjust AC either, and spells don't. It's never worked for me. Thoughts?

As I said above the effect AC:4 doesn't physically change your actual AC on the character sheet (or anywhere else visible), but FG does take the additional points into consideration when determining a hit. Look in the chat window and you'll see the additional 4 points being added into the calculation. See the screenshot. The PC's AC is 12 but the Goblin missed on a roll of 15 becasue FG took account of the additional 4 points of AC from the effect.

KainVorador
March 25th, 2017, 20:35
I cannot get this to work for the life of me. I've copy and pasted that syntax and tries numerous variations. I'd added it as an effect under the BLadesong power I created and I've also tried adding it directly to the combat tracker. Neither one works. Neither the AC modifcation or the ADV to the skill. The characters AC is 15, and his INT bonus nets him a +3. He gets hit on a 15 or above. ADV to acrobatics also doesn't work.

Zacchaeus
March 25th, 2017, 21:12
I cannot get this to work for the life of me. I've copy and pasted that syntax and tries numerous variations. I'd added it as an effect under the BLadesong power I created and I've also tried adding it directly to the combat tracker. Neither one works. Neither the AC modifcation or the ADV to the skill. The characters AC is 15, and his INT bonus nets him a +3. He gets hit on a 15 or above. ADV to acrobatics also doesn't work.

Can you post a screenshot of your effect?

kp9911
March 27th, 2017, 04:15
You need to create an additional effect of an advantage to constitution saving throws. That way when you are checking to see if concentration on a spell is broken or not, the player can add that effect temporary.

BadmannorsDM
July 20th, 2018, 22:58
I realize this is a bit of necro, but because I've just done this myself the syntax I used is: AC: [INT]; ADVSKILL: acrobatics; SKILL: [INT] concentration

NOTE: I also manually created a concentration skill

damned
July 21st, 2018, 02:16
Welcome BadmannorsDM

Farktopia
July 31st, 2021, 19:03
I think I got it all to work...

AC: [INT]; ADVSKILL: acrobatics; SKILL: [INT] concentration; +10 Speed; (C)

(the +10 speed is a reminder - not actual code.)

rob2e
July 31st, 2021, 22:41

That's basically how I've had it in the Rob Twohy codings since 2017.

Farktopia
August 1st, 2021, 20:30
Very cool... I'll look at your stuff. I kinda like the problem solving. =)

Istafar
May 11th, 2022, 22:23

Do we really need the (c) at the end?

Bladesong is not a concentration spell. Does the SKILL: [INT] and the (c) at the end carry it over to any concentration spell you have, when bladesong is active?

Also, I just tried the SKILL: [INT] concentration part, it didn't appear to add the extra INT modifier to my concentration roll.

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2022, 22:50
Correct, you do not need/want the (c) as that will automate concentration effects, which as you state this effect is not subject to.

"Skill: [INT] concentration" only works on the character action tab, and then is calculated wen the effect is triggered and added to the CT from teh action. If adding directly to the Combat Tracker, then you need to enter the actual modifier. Such as "Skill:3 concentration"

Istafar
May 12th, 2022, 21:48
Correct, you do not need/want the (c) as that will automate concentration effects, which as you state this effect is not subject to.

"Skill: [INT] concentration" only works on the character action tab, and then is calculated wen the effect is triggered and added to the CT from teh action. If adding directly to the Combat Tracker, then you need to enter the actual modifier. Such as "Skill:3 concentration"

When one needs to check if they maintain concentration, that would be an ability check and not a saving throw, wouldn't it?

So wouldn't that be CHECK concentration, with the intelligence modifier added to it?

Wouldn't that be "CHECK: [INT], concentration", or something similar?

LordEntrails
May 12th, 2022, 22:14
When one needs to check if they maintain concentration, that would be an ability check and not a saving throw, wouldn't it?

So wouldn't that be CHECK concentration, with the intelligence modifier added to it?

Wouldn't that be "CHECK: [INT], concentration", or something similar?
FG automates concentration checks when taking damage just by putting the (c) in the effects line. I know it is case sensitive, but do not remember if it is upper or lower case.

Doing the CHECK... would give you a bonus to the concentration check, not actually make a check for you each time you take damage (which the (c) does).

Istafar
May 13th, 2022, 01:17
FG automates concentration checks when taking damage just by putting the (c) in the effects line. I know it is case sensitive, but do not remember if it is upper or lower case.

Doing the CHECK... would give you a bonus to the concentration check, not actually make a check for you each time you take damage (which the (c) does).

If I'm reading things right, a concentration check is based on you CON, if I take 36 points damage from a single hit, the DC to maintain concentration would be 18.

I would have to roll a concentration CHECK, my CON is 16, that gives me a plus 3. I roll a 14 + 3 = 17, that would be a fail, but since my Bladesong is active, I get to add my INT bonus.

My INT is 14, that gives me a plus 2, so my concentration check roll would be the 14 + 3 + 2 = 19, I made my concentration check then.

The coding would be "CHECK:[CON],+2, concentration"

The coding can be a little confusing, when things are not shown "(c)"

LordEntrails
May 13th, 2022, 04:46
I was confused. I thought you were wanting t have/not have Bladesong itself be something you had to concentrate on or you would lose the benefit. Pulling my head out, tat's not what is going on. So your effect of "CHECK:[CON],+2, concentration" is correct. It will apply for any of the other ongoing effects that require a concentration check (as indicated by a "(c)") when you take damage.

lostsanityreturned
May 13th, 2022, 08:04
The coding would be "CHECK:[CON],+2, concentration"

The coding can be a little confusing, when things are not shown "(c)"

Badesong should be

Bladesong; SAVE:[INT], concentration; AC: [INT]; ADVSKILL: acrobatics; Speed+10

Concentration checks are actually constitution saves in 5e so using CHECK isn't right, also they include [CON] by default.

The Speed+ effect comes from Mad Nomad's Character Effects
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/138/view

But if you don't have it I tend to use "SPEED: +10, land" even though it does nothing.

If you are interested I can give you a short list of extensions/modules that drastically improve the base automation / experience in 5e. Some are paid, but imo it is worth it to just not worry about things like this anymore.