PDA

View Full Version : Instant Death Effect?

TMO
November 25th, 2015, 17:48
Hi everyone. I am creating a trap with a poison that causes death if the saving throw fails and I am trying to make this work as an NPC trap. I have the effect defined in the Traits section but can't figure out how to define an effect that causes instant death. For the moment I have defined a 1d0+1000 poison damage entry just to put some value that is high enough to impose death. Is there a better way to do this?

Zacchaeus
November 25th, 2015, 17:53
Nope; there's no instant death effect. Massive damage would be the only way to go.

TMO
November 25th, 2015, 17:57
Zacchaeus, thank you very much for the response. I am relative new to FG and am working hard to learn the intricacies of this powerful system. Your posts through-out the various threads indicate that you are very active and willing to help the community. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Zacchaeus
November 25th, 2015, 18:02
Cheers!

Also before anyone else gives me a sideways glance, I didn't notice that was your first post so welcome to the forums and to the FG community. :)

Willot
November 25th, 2015, 21:43
or as DM you could also say
"well that didnt go well for you....not well at all......"

"Someone get the hose..."

JohnD
November 26th, 2015, 00:11
Hi everyone. I am creating a trap with a poison that causes death if the saving throw fails and I am trying to make this work as an NPC trap. I have the effect defined in the Traits section but can't figure out how to define an effect that causes instant death. For the moment I have defined a 1d0+1000 poison damage entry just to put some value that is high enough to impose death. Is there a better way to do this?

It brings tears of joy to my DM eyes, yes it does.

Welcome! :)

TMO
November 26th, 2015, 00:19
It brings tears of joy to my DM eyes, yes it does.

Welcome! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone.

Regarding this trap, it's a part of my effort to port the Tomb of Horrors into FG using the 5E ruleset. I've come across a couple of other threads where people have shared their desires and efforts to port ToH. When I am done I'll add my voice to those discussions. Thus far I have the entire adventure entered as a chaptered story with links to all of the original illustrations meant for players to see. I also have the DM and Player maps (using Mike Schley's rendition) all nicely updated with shortcuts to each chapter.

Now I am going back and adding NPCs, encounters, and making sure all content is compatible with 5E rules and sensibilities. A lot of work...but so far it is a labor of love and it is helping me really understand how to work with FG (beyond using pre-purchased modules.)

Another question: I don't seem to have the ability to update my avatar. Is this something I have to request or earn from the admins?

Nylanfs
November 26th, 2015, 02:01
you just need more posts i believe.