PDA

View Full Version : Sale pricing on FG modules.

rob2e
November 25th, 2015, 05:38
I always buy at the wrong time. No price protection?

Dammit.

rob2e
November 25th, 2015, 08:03
OMG! I bought the MM for $49.99 and hours later it's $29.99.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

damned
November 25th, 2015, 10:21
You will have to buy something else now to make sure you *save* some money :)

Hikariare
November 25th, 2015, 10:31
What I'm wondering, is if this is the Black Friday sale or if the price will go down even more? :confused:

damned
November 25th, 2015, 10:34
What I'm wondering, is if this is the Black Friday sale or if the price will go down even more? :confused:

These are the biggest discounts Ive seen on Fantasy Grounds in the last 4 years.

Danimal66
November 25th, 2015, 14:27
I know this has been asked before but for my sanity.

So far all my purchases are via Steam which doesn't show these on sale. Can I purchase off the website and get these to work with my copy of FG Ultimate via Steam?

damned
November 25th, 2015, 14:30
I know this has been asked before but for my sanity.

So far all my purchases are via Steam which doesn't show these on sale. Can I purchase off the website and get these to work with my copy of FG Ultimate via Steam?

Yes. DLC will not show up on the other site (FG or STeam or vice-versa) but will work with a license bought on either...

Danimal66
November 25th, 2015, 14:36
Thanks time to go shopping after work. I assume the sale is going to be all day.

jajen2003
November 25th, 2015, 16:29
The way I see it, Doug and Co. are doing massive amounts of work as it is, I don't mind paying full price for something that brings me and all my player groups so much fun! Good work deserves fair compensation. Plus, I'm not the easiest customer to deal with, so I don't mind. It all balances out in the end.

I just want Doug to keep making gaming resources so I can keep playing.

jajen2003
November 25th, 2015, 16:31
These are the biggest discounts Ive seen on Fantasy Grounds in the last 4 years.

Yeah... I'm actually quite shocked that the prices are this low. Holy cow!

Reyder Axeman
November 25th, 2015, 16:41
I'm looking through the Pathfinder items and I noticed that 1) as of Page 14 and beyond, things aren't on sale any more and 2) some of the Pathfinder items are actually for 4E D&D. I assume that (1) is a mistake and (2) is items being tagged incorrectly. Anyone able to check that?

Trenloe
November 25th, 2015, 16:50
I'm looking through the Pathfinder items and I noticed that 1) as of Page 14 and beyond, things aren't on sale any more and 2) some of the Pathfinder items are actually for 4E D&D. I assume that (1) is a mistake and (2) is items being tagged incorrectly. Anyone able to check that?
1) Some vendors might not have wished to join the sale, or some other reasons for certain products not being in the sale.
2) The only things I can see that are tagged as 4E are token packs - which are just graphics packaged as tokens. These can be used with any ruleset, there are no 4E specific stats or data with these packs.

Griogre
November 25th, 2015, 19:18
If they are the Fiery Dragon Packs the only Reason they say 4E on them is because they have most of the monsters out of the 4E MMs. 4E has significantly more variations of each monster than other versions of D&D which is a bonus for getting monster tokens. To put it in perspective most versions of D&D have 1500 - 2000 monsters with all monster books and and campaign books. D&D 4E had 5000ish.

rob2e
November 25th, 2015, 20:12
Just bought like, EVERYTHING for 5E! I'm crazy. And then there's the DMG in a few days?

I have a (good) disease!

Merry ThanXgiving to Doug & Co.

And to all of you...

Hikariare
November 25th, 2015, 21:12
Was going to buy it, but found out the apartment I'm in blocks the port on the free internet they provide. Guess I'll have to wait until I move to buy/host!

midas
November 25th, 2015, 21:20
Was going to buy it, but found out the apartment I'm in blocks the port on the free internet they provide. Guess I'll have to wait until I move to buy/host!

Give it a try on Hamachi!

Hikariare
November 25th, 2015, 22:17
Give it a try on Hamachi!

Would I have to buy it to test if it works or will it be okay if I start Hamachi then use the demo to test?

Trenloe
November 25th, 2015, 22:34
Would I have to buy it to test if it works or will it be okay if I start Hamachi then use the demo to test?
You can use the demo to test. You'd need a player, using Hamachi as well as the FG demo, to test end-to-end player to GM connectivity.

Hikariare
November 25th, 2015, 23:23
You can use the demo to test. You'd need a player, using Hamachi as well as the FG demo, to test end-to-end player to GM connectivity.

Gotcha. I'll give this a try later and see if it works. Thanks!

Full Bleed
November 26th, 2015, 01:40
Gotcha. I'll give this a try later and see if it works. Thanks!
You could try out Tunngle (https://www.tunngle.net/en/), too.

damned
November 26th, 2015, 11:18
You could try out Tunngle (https://www.tunngle.net/en/), too.

I know some people dont like Hamachi - but Tunngle is horrible in my (albeit limited) experience!

kylania
November 27th, 2015, 05:16
Why are the prices different between Steam and here? Sword Coast Adventure's Guide is $4 cheaper on Steam for example. I don't want to have to buy one piece of DLC from there when everything else I have from here.

ddavison
November 27th, 2015, 14:42
Why are the prices different between Steam and here? Sword Coast Adventure's Guide is $4 cheaper on Steam for example. I don't want to have to buy one piece of DLC from there when everything else I have from here.

That is an error on the Steam price. The percentage should be off the full price of $39.99, but because Wizards of the Coast wanted it to be shown on sale for $34.99, we put in a long-term sale on it here. Long-terms sales are not possible on Steam, so the price was simply set at $34.99 until the sale expired.

tadkil
November 29th, 2015, 03:13
The way I see it, Doug and Co. are doing massive amounts of work as it is, I don't mind paying full price for something that brings me and all my player groups so much fun! Good work deserves fair compensation. Plus, I'm not the easiest customer to deal with, so I don't mind. It all balances out in the end.

I just want Doug to keep making gaming resources so I can keep playing.

I am with you. I see my purchases as an investment in great online play.

GunbunnyFuFu
November 30th, 2015, 04:48
How long will the sale be going on? I'd like to pick up three full licenses for my players on Tuesday as early Christmas gifts...that way, they can run some games!

ddavison
November 30th, 2015, 04:57
It runs until 11:59 p.m. EST on 12/1 (depending on the server time) and only until 10 a.m. PST on Steam on 6/1.

Trenloe
November 30th, 2015, 05:07
It runs until 11:59 p.m. EST on 6/1 (depending on the server time) and only until 10 a.m. PST on Steam on 6/1.
Is that the 6th of January or the 1st of June? :)

damned
November 30th, 2015, 05:07
as in it has a month to run?

ddavison
November 30th, 2015, 07:16
Oops... 12/1.

damned
November 30th, 2015, 07:25
so it finishes tomorrow then?
or January?

Nylanfs
November 30th, 2015, 12:47
He's using American notation you silly aussie. So Tomorrow. :)

damned
November 30th, 2015, 13:10
He's using American notation you silly aussie. So Tomorrow. :)

but its already december 1st here!
you are confusing me. though not as much as doug is.

jajen2003
November 30th, 2015, 14:03
I'm speculating, but he might mean Dec. 1, PST.

If that's the case, you have plenty of time. Tuesday morning even.

Nylanfs
November 30th, 2015, 14:08
It's not my fault you live on the wrong side of the planet. ;P

midas
November 30th, 2015, 16:38