PDA

View Full Version : PFS#7–10: The Consortium Compact

xazil
November 25th, 2015, 04:41
The Aspis Consortium pays well, but few can stand its underhanded tactics for long. One operative fed up with the Consortium's practices has contacted the Pathfinder Society with a tempting offer: assist her in leaving the organization, and she will supply the Society with years of insider intelligence about their longstanding rival. It's up to the PCs to navigate Diobel—a proud town run by cutthroat smugglers—earn the defector's trust, and deal a telling blow to their Aspis foes.

"The Consortium Compact" is an evergreen, replayable scenario designed to help introduce players to the Pathfinder Society, the Isle of Kortos, and one of the Society's longstanding rivals.

I will probably run this few times in the weeks upcoming and will likely offer a CORE version if there is a demand.

Calendar for signups https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1711

Please post your interest below along with portrait / XML / previous chronicle or starting gold if fresh character.

Syaoran0503
November 25th, 2015, 04:45
I'm interested in playing this game. I would like to bring a level 1 investigator.

Edit: added character info.

Here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LBqFMDPGVpIanz5M9Na1i7JYdbCv752kk7iKhBag-Iw/edit?usp=sharing) is Rasami's Inventory

kwarner1986
November 25th, 2015, 05:19
Umm, yeah I need you to play this 3 hours later and start at midnight. If you can do that would be great.

*Now where's my Lumbergh Meme.*

bigboom
November 25th, 2015, 06:38
Sounds interesting! Unfortunately, I can't join this time slot due to it conflicting with an in person game I've got. For me, if it started 2 hours earlier or 10 hours later, then I can join.

But anyways, I'll keep an eye out if you offer it with other time slots!

Dragonmaster_Ben
November 25th, 2015, 07:18
I'd love to try my new Monk for this. I'll sign up.

cmdisc
November 25th, 2015, 07:23
Still interested in giving this a try. Will have to pass on this time slot though and wait for something a little more Europe friendly. :)

AxitMaster
November 25th, 2015, 08:56
This is going to be FUN

Malkavian_Andi
November 25th, 2015, 10:32
I'm interested. Here's my data:

jshauber
November 25th, 2015, 14:40
Signed up on calendar.

Can bring whatever makes the most sense for balanced group, likely cleric seeing what is approved so far.

Will email you his stuff later.

AxitMaster
November 25th, 2015, 21:43
My character Kasuri - Female Samurai of the Order of the Warrior.

Rose Claymore
November 26th, 2015, 03:23
Hello!

Not sure if there's still room, but I'm looking to start playing again after a long hiatus. I don't currently have any level 1-2 chars, so I'll need a pregen.

xazil
November 26th, 2015, 03:30
No problems with a pre-gen, although the alchemist pre-gen unfortunately isn't in the PFS legal ones.

Rose Claymore
November 26th, 2015, 07:44
Pity about the alchemist. I'm not gotten familiar enough with importing character info into FG to do so on my own yet, so if the pregen barbarian is available I'll take that (seems like she'd round out the party too). If I do need to provide my own files for it though, I have HeroLab and a license for FG but will need some help getting a character from one to the other.

Dragonmaster_Ben
November 27th, 2015, 21:15
I changed the build to be a skald instead of a monk. Here's the xml.

Rose Claymore
November 28th, 2015, 05:41
Where can I find the Fantasy Grounds teamspeak info (or whatever info I'll need for tomorrow's game)?

xazil
November 28th, 2015, 06:29
We will be using the normal FG Teamspeak of teamspeak.fg-con.com listed elsewhere in the forums.

My signature has the server address and I will be on Teamspeak prior to start.

Could everyone please post their files as soon as they can. I also have access to the Pre-Gens so anyone may play one of those as another option of course.

ikemook
November 28th, 2015, 20:26
Is there still room for one more? It looks like the calendar is rather full.

HoloGnome
November 29th, 2015, 17:07
Fun game - thanks for running. Interesting hybrid sandbox planning that turned out to be effective.

As a Level 1-2 intro, the scenario has a good mix of a number of different play styles: investigation/rp, delve, logistics, combat, etc. and exposes new characters to the Aspis meta-plot for Season 7. Also, I liked the subtle plot link with The Confirmation.

Given the dedicated Aspis connection, from a meta-plot standpoint, Consortium Compact offers great flavor for new PFS characters that go on to fight the Aspis in numerous scenarios across multiple seasons. The Wounded Wisp also has various meta-plot options, but covers other territory, as does the Confirmation. So, I think it works well among the triumvirate of 1XP evergreen intro scenarios.

cmdisc
November 29th, 2015, 21:09
Fun game - thanks for running. Interesting hybrid sandbox planning that turned out to be effective.

As a Level 1-2 intro, the scenario has a good mix of a number of different play styles: investigation/rp, delve, logistics, combat, etc. and exposes new characters to the Aspis meta-plot for Season 7. Also, I liked the subtle plot link with The Confirmation.

Given the dedicated Aspis connection, from a meta-plot standpoint, Consortium Compact offers great flavor for new PFS characters that go on to fight the Aspis in numerous scenarios across multiple seasons. The Wounded Wisp also has various meta-plot options, but covers other territory, as does the Confirmation. So, I think it works well among the triumvirate of 1XP evergreen intro scenarios.

Did you guys play a game? Or attend a wine-tasting convention? :p

Malkavian_Andi
November 29th, 2015, 21:52
Did you guys play a game? Or attend a wine-tasting convention? :p

Well, lots of "red wine" was spilled. But luckily, in the end the bad guys lost more blood than we did.

Brainpolice
November 29th, 2015, 22:49
Applied with Zin Calistred, a fresh character, feral half-orc Barbarian who I intend to go into Alchemist.

Attached is xml and pic.

Brainpolice
November 29th, 2015, 22:52
Stupid me didnt realize this game was already finished.

Dragonmaster_Ben
November 29th, 2015, 23:53
Sorry for having reallife dropping me out of the last battle by the time the 5th hour went by.
I had a lot of fun with you guys playing what I call PFS Home alone :)

xazil
November 30th, 2015, 06:28
No problem, those final fights were pretty epic and long.

Dragonmaster_Ben
November 30th, 2015, 06:38
I enjoyed the fights but sadly I had stuff to do :(

xazil
November 30th, 2015, 06:52
I have cleaned up the past signups but feel free to sign up again if you can make it.

Please post you character XML, Portrait and past chronicles or starting gold and faction.

Calendar on https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1711
(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1711)

Blackfoot
November 30th, 2015, 06:53
Looking forward to giving this one a go. I have a couple options... depending on how the group fills out.

Silver Crusade - Iggy Toymaker - Male Dwarf Alchemist/2.2
Liberty's Edge - Brom of the Stone - Male Dwarf Druid (Menhir Savant)/2.2
The Exchange - Pugnacious Twiddlebury - Male Gnome Summoner/2.1
Dark Archive - Pyros of the Inferno - Male Ifrit Cleric/2.0.5
Scarab Sages - Oban Ze - Male Ifrit Sorcerer 1.1
Dark Archive - Alphonso Marosi - Male Ifrit Swashbuckler/1.2
The Exchange - Lucky the Archaeologist - Male Halfling Archaeologist/1.2
Grand Lodge - Redfang - Male Kitsune Brawler (Wild Child/2.2)

Obviously, the Level 1's are the best options.. but I can do one of the Level 2s if it seems like we need a role filled.

Farnaby
November 30th, 2015, 08:45
Bother, I'm on late shift.
If you run it again, then I'm in.

Victor
November 30th, 2015, 09:18
I'm in for the game on the 1st/2nd.

cmdisc
November 30th, 2015, 10:42
I'm up for this. I see we already have a Half-orc Barbarian being offered. I am whipping up a new character that I can use for this as well as HG's game the following day. A "debuff touch" cleric of Shyka. I'll post him asap once I have him together.

bigboom
November 30th, 2015, 12:27
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this time slot. Have fun!

HoloGnome
November 30th, 2015, 14:10
Did you guys play a game? Or attend a wine-tasting convention?

Probably the latter, now that I think of it. It had a very nutty bouquet - just ask the fox. She'll do anything for information.

cmdisc
November 30th, 2015, 22:45
Here is my cleric of Shyka, a Death/Madness "debuffing" negative channel priest of a First World god. He is a professional Mortician, has dropped a Rank into Diplomacy, and only has a single CLW spell slotted. So hopefully we're not in store for a bruising.

HG, I will be using this guy (or a remake of him if he dies), for your game on Wed. I'll post an updated XML for you on your thread once this session is over.

BF, might I recommend you bringing something with healing capability? Either your Archaeologist or Cleric...or something with a CLW wand at least?

Victor
November 30th, 2015, 23:24
Sorry gotta bail. Have fun fellers!

Blackfoot
November 30th, 2015, 23:56
Applied with Zin Calistred, a fresh character, feral half-orc Barbarian who I intend to go into Alchemist.

Attached is xml and pic.You want to avoid rectangular images for Portraits.. otherwise they come out squashed.

Blackfoot
December 1st, 2015, 00:03
Of these characters nobody has any wands of anything.. but these guys all have some sort of healing ability:
Silver Crusade - Iggy Toymaker - Male Dwarf Alchemist/2.2
Liberty's Edge - Brom of the Stone - Male Dwarf Druid (Menhir Savant)/2.2
The Exchange - Pugnacious Twiddlebury - Male Gnome Summoner/2.1
Dark Archive - Pyros of the Inferno - Male Ifrit Cleric/2.0.5
The Exchange - Lucky the Archaeologist - Male Halfling Archaeologist/1.2

My Cleric is also a Negative Channeller with relatively lame spellcasting ability.
Iggy - Up to 3 self CLW Spells
Brom - Up to 3 CLW Spells
Pugnacious - Up to 3 Infernal Healing Spells
Pyros - Up to 3 CLW Spells
Lucky - Up to 2 CLW Spells..

Victor
December 1st, 2015, 00:07
Stupid me didnt realize this game was already finished.

This game is being run again tomorrow at 7 or 8pm GMT (noon PST, check the calendar for your time). There is still plenty of room.

Blackfoot
December 1st, 2015, 00:42
With only 3 players... I'm wondering if I should bring Redfang or Pugnacious... I'm leaning toward Redfang as he is a Grand Lodge member. It might also be nice to take Oban Ze out for a test drive.
Regardless, we can go with Kira as the 4th Player NPC...

Blackfoot
December 1st, 2015, 03:28
Starting to wonder a bit if this is going to happen. Are CMD and I the only players? Brainpolice? Are you still in?

cmdisc
December 1st, 2015, 06:26
If Brainpolice is on board, we can definitely bring Kyra as our 4th. So you are free to bring what you like...which sounds like Redfang. :)

cmdisc
December 1st, 2015, 06:28
Starting to wonder a bit if this is going to happen. Are CMD and I the only players? Brainpolice? Are you still in?

Brainpolice hasn't been confirmed on the calendar yet, so he can't vote directly on the timeslot (and would need to do that little work-around to show up as a Yes or No on it).

Blackfoot
December 1st, 2015, 06:31
He can actually, if he goes to the main calendar page rather than the game page. (The work around you mentioned..)
I'll go ahead and upload Redfang and Feathers shortly.

Blackfoot
December 1st, 2015, 06:43
Redfang's Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vgNg2ssjTEunh-iwvtmg1F0KIouTOLrDqBcPaqW6b7c/edit?usp=sharing)

xazil
December 1st, 2015, 09:21
I'm happy to run at 3 people, if we don't get that I will offer again in a couple of days at about the same time.

cmdisc
December 1st, 2015, 14:25
Sort of last minute here, but updated the xml because of some obvious gaps/errors. That's what I get for rushing. Hopefully this fixes everything.

cmdisc
December 1st, 2015, 18:54
I hate to ask this so close to proposed game-time (it just occurred to me), but since Brainpolice hasn't confirmed on the calendar and bigboom, Farnaby, and Victor are all interested but can't make this timeslot...would it make sense to reschedule and run with potentially 6 instead of run with 3+NPC? Then again, I don't know what everyone's availability is. I know HG and I are running games on Wed and Sat that will tie up some players (and Fri is out for me regardless).

Victor
December 1st, 2015, 19:23
Actually it sounds like our schedules match up somewhat for this weekend, since Xazil and I are in games those same days you are and he is unavailable the same days you are. Sounds like Sunday would work or sometime next week. Unless you guys play today of course.

xazil
December 1st, 2015, 19:31
I have already run this twice with 6 people each, thought Id see how a more euro friendly time went on for in the week which also suited me. Ill put up another option for Thursday and see how we go.

Blackfoot
December 1st, 2015, 20:58
Since the time didn't work out.. Xazil started a new thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27079-PFS-7%9610-The-Consortium-Compact-%28weekday%29) offering this one more time...

Blackfoot
December 2nd, 2015, 18:46
Xazil's new time/date offering is Thursday at 2pm Eastern.. (sorry.. not really sure what that translates into GMT wise right now... like 6 or 7pm)

cmdisc
December 2nd, 2015, 19:13
7pm GMT/UTC

kwarner1986
December 2nd, 2015, 20:44
Evenings after 7pm for me during the week. I have to go to work to pay the rent.