PDA

View Full Version : Song of Rest d6 application short rest

rob2e
November 24th, 2015, 01:39
So when trying to apply the effect for Song of Rest, I tried HEAL: 1d6, which certainly works with a healing spell, but not when a hit die is thrown.

Suggestions?

Seananigans
November 24th, 2015, 01:51
Pretty sure you just have your bard make that effect, and manually throw it on anyone who uses a hit die during a short rest. At least that's how I have my bard run it, I'm not aware of any possible automation.

rob2e
November 24th, 2015, 02:31
Yeah it's easy just to tell players to add a d6 but for over $200+ I want automation DAMMIT!! lol

Zacchaeus
November 24th, 2015, 09:59
Create a new power in the actions tab. Call it 'Song of Rest'. Right click on the power and go to add action then add heal. In the new line add in a 1d6 healing dice. Select all PCs. Click the heal and you have achieved what you set out to do.

I, too, would like to see HEAL actually do something since there's a couple of times I've wanted to use it in an effect that was not specifically a heal. (And I can't remember what not). However HEAL doesn't appear to do anything outside of a specific heal effect.

rob2e
November 24th, 2015, 10:02
Create a new power in the actions tab. Call it 'Song of Rest'. Right click on the power and go to add action then add heal. In the new line add in a 1d6 healing dice. Select all PCs. Click the heal and you have achieved what you set out to do.

I, too, would like to see HEAL actually do something since there's a couple of times I've wanted to use it in an effect that was not specifically a heal. (And I can't remember what not). However HEAL doesn't appear to do anything outside of a specific heal effect.

There we go. Perfect! ThanX Zacchaeus.

Seananigans
November 24th, 2015, 14:13
Note that the song only works for players who actually use a hit die during the rest, so you won't necessarily want to select all PC's indiscriminately.

rob2e
November 24th, 2015, 16:58
Right

Baron28
November 24th, 2015, 17:56

That is my experience with it as well. A Life Domain Cleric has Disciple of Life that enables the cleric to add 2 hp plus the spell level to healing spells. I created an effect for this using the HEAL. Disciple of Life; HEAL: 2: HEAL: [+LVL]
Here's my question, the text verbatim says spell level not spell slot, so my syntax is correct, yes?

Sorry don't mean to jack the thread regarding a different class' powers.

Zacchaeus
November 24th, 2015, 19:00
Unfortunately not. [LVL] is the level of the player; there isn't any syntax for spell level. HEAL: 2 will work and add the +2 to any healing. You'd need to manually add the bonus into each individual spell to get the level bit.