PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e - The Burning Plague - looking for players

SheckyS
November 24th, 2015, 00:13
FG License: GM has Ultimate so players only need at least a trial/free version.
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time (UTC - 05:00)
Day of week and time: Fridays starting at 8 pm. Probably ending at 11-12pm.
Planned start date: Friday, December 4th.
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: This will be my first module DMing on FG, so we will see how it goes. I'm not entirely sure how long the first module will last, but it will certainly go more than one play session. I'm thinking 2-3 weeks. If things go well, perhaps we can continue to play another module after that.

Voice required.
Voice software used: Skype

Roleplay & Combat mix: This first module heavy on combat with some RPing. But hey, if the players want to roleplay more, they are free to do so.
Number of Players in game & needed: 4 players minimum, 6 preferred.
Character starting level & equipment: New characters, 1st level.
Character restrictions: PHB and Elemental Evil Players Companion accepted. Anything else will need approval from the DM.

Details:
A sickness has come unto the simple mining community of Duvik’s Pass, poisoning their wells and blighting their crops. With the pestilence leaving the strongest men of the town’s guard a few short days away from death, the burden of descending into the mines and purging the wellspring of whatever evil has settled there falls to an intrepid band of adventurers. Can these noble heroes prevail within the depths of Duvik’s Pass, or will they too fall victim to the perils of The Burning Plague?

I'm looking for mature, responsible players who will show up every week. New players to D&D 5e or Fantasy Grounds are welcome.
I am getting back into D&D after a 20 year hiatus, and this will be my first time DMing on FG, so some patience on the part of the players is mandatory. :)

If you want to play, please post here (or send a PM, if you prefer) and include some info about your D&D experience, what kinds of characters you like to play, preferred class / race or anything else you'd like to tell me about yourself. :)

Calendar Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1708)

T0mb0l0
November 24th, 2015, 00:47
I am interested in Playing. Last group I was playing in fell apart as people could not commit.

I have some experience with 5E, but not a ton. I played some Star Wars RPG many moons ago. Just starting to get back into it thanks to Critical Role.

I have played a Druid, and Sorcerer, but would prefer to play a Barbarian.

larzbg
November 25th, 2015, 02:48
I'm interested in your game. I have been DM'ing a group of friends in a bi-weekly game for about a year, but rarely get the opportunity to play. We just recently switched to FG (from Roll20) so I am learning the system as well.
The last character I played was a Cleric (about a year ago), but my preference would be Wizard, Sorcerer, or Druid. I am quite flexible on race, depending on the setting.

sctorchwoodfan
November 25th, 2015, 03:45
Hi, I would like to join. Is this game Friday or Saturday (either is fine right now)? I am new to Fantasy Grounds. I have played 5th edition a few times so still getting used to the rules. I am getting back into playing DnD after many years as I played 2nd edition in college. There doesn't seem to be many players in my area that have a regular group to play in on a weekly / biweekly basis so looking for online games. My preference for a character would be a warlock, cleric or paladin.

Robert

SheckyS
November 25th, 2015, 14:25
Well, it looks like we are up to 4 people. I'd like to get two more, but we could play with 4 if needed. :)
If you haven't already done so, please add your name to the calendar (there's a link at the bottom of the initial post).

If you want to go ahead and create a character on your own and then import it into the server at play-time, go ahead. Just use the regular PHB rules.
We will be using the standard ability scores (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8).

We will spend some time during our first play session (which will be Friday, December 4th) going over the characters, or doing character creation for those who haven't done it, yet. I want to ensure that we have a good balance in the party. We don't want 4 fighters and no clerics, for example. :)

If you have any questions before then, send me a PM or post here.
If you have questions that are beyond the capabilities of a forum post to answer and you want to get together via skype and FG before the game, let me know and I will see what I can arrange, but I am pretty swamped for this holiday weekend, so it might have to wait until next week. :)

irish52302
November 25th, 2015, 22:44
Shecky,

I would love to have an opportunity to play. I have a standard license plus the full class pack so I should be able to put a character together in short order. I understand you're new to FG. So am I so I would be more than patient working with you, if you don't mind working with me.

I can put together whatever race/class/background the rest of the party needs. So I will put together a Bard to fill in the holes. Would you have any issues with a 27 point buy from https://1d8.blogspot.com/2014/04/point-buy-calculator-for-d-next-5e.html?

SheckyS
November 26th, 2015, 03:53
Shecky,

I would love to have an opportunity to play. I have a standard license plus the full class pack so I should be able to put a character together in short order. I understand you're new to FG. So am I so I would be more than patient working with you, if you don't mind working with me.

I can put together whatever race/class/background the rest of the party needs. So I will put together a Bard to fill in the holes. Would you have any issues with a 27 point buy from https://1d8.blogspot.com/2014/04/point-buy-calculator-for-d-next-5e.html?

If you absolutely feel that you must point-buy instead of using the standard scores, then I'll allow it. :)

irish52302
November 27th, 2015, 11:28
Shecky, I have a Bard ready for upload and am ready to go either tonight or next Friday night. ;)

SheckyS
November 27th, 2015, 14:07
No game tonight, I have other plans. We will start next week. I will try to be on Skype over the weekend and I can have the server up and running if someone wants to upload a character for review, but it will mostly be in the afternoons. :)

QuietBear
November 27th, 2015, 21:32
Would a Ranger be good for me? Or possibly a Rogue?

Pandamonius
November 28th, 2015, 02:28
I've applied on the calendar. I know you may be full, but if any spots open, I'm interested :)

I'm trying to get back in after almost a 20yr hiatus myself, and am willing to take on any role needed.

SheckyS
November 28th, 2015, 02:33
If you take a look at the game calendar, most of the players have filled in a class already, so you can see what the party's current make-up is.
Irish52302 hasn't filled his in, yet, but I'm pretty sure he said he's going to play a bard.
So the party could probably use another front-line fighter type, so if you are deciding between Ranger and Rogue, I'd say Ranger. On the other hand, the party is also pretty short of someone who can detect/disarm traps, so a rogue could also be useful, unless the Bard is focusing on that stuff. :)

Nothing is set in stone at this point, and if we have to, we can spend some time on character creation in our first session.

SheckyS
November 28th, 2015, 02:36
I've applied on the calendar. I know you may be full, but if any spots open, I'm interested :)

I'm trying to get back in after almost a 20yr hiatus myself, and am willing to take on any role needed.

I think 6 players is about as much as I can handle at this point - and even that might be pushing it. I will keep you on the calendar, though, and let you know if a spot opens up.

QuietBear
November 28th, 2015, 04:46
If you take a look at the game calendar, most of the players have filled in a class already, so you can see what the party's current make-up is.
Irish52302 hasn't filled his in, yet, but I'm pretty sure he said he's going to play a bard.
So the party could probably use another front-line fighter type, so if you are deciding between Ranger and Rogue, I'd say Ranger. On the other hand, the party is also pretty short of someone who can detect/disarm traps, so a rogue could also be useful, unless the Bard is focusing on that stuff. :)

Nothing is set in stone at this point, and if we have to, we can spend some time on character creation in our first session.

I will have both a Ranger and a Rogue ready so we don't have to spend too much time on it for me.

dlewis119
November 28th, 2015, 19:44
Are you still looking for players?

SheckyS
November 28th, 2015, 20:04
The game is full right now.

SheckyS
December 1st, 2015, 04:15
I am planning to have the server up tomorrow night (Tuesday) at around 8 in case anyone wants to get a jump on character creation.

SheckyS
December 2nd, 2015, 14:18
We made a good start on character creation last night. Sorry about the confusion with the technical issues. One of the FG folks took over my machine to try to fix it. I THINK I might have the issues worked out. I will have the server up again on Thursday night so anyone who wants to can finish up their character and we can test out the stability of the connection.

sctorchwoodfan
December 2nd, 2015, 22:03
8 pm again on Thursday?

T0mb0l0
December 3rd, 2015, 00:09
I would have logged on and started to create my character, but I did not see the connection info for the server. When did you send it out?

sctorchwoodfan
December 3rd, 2015, 01:16
I received the connection info by Skype from the GM.

Renoverant
December 3rd, 2015, 01:55
I am interested. New to Fantasy Grounds and 5th ed ( i am looking at my PHB atm ). I am an old 1st and 2nd edition player, shadowrun and currently play pathfinder in my Real Life game group ( we havent met in 2 months). I really want to try/play 5th edition. Game shcedule fits mine. Any class I would be willing to play, although I have experience as a Cleric, and Paladin/Fighter. I am very interested in the Warlock also, but as I said im fine with any class. Its not the class, but how you RP it.

SheckyS
December 3rd, 2015, 14:13
Renoverant, the game is currently full. :)

I sent PMs to all players on the calendar - over a week ago - with my skype id. Some of the players have not responded, though, which has me a bit concerned that maybe they dropped out. So the alternates should be ready to pay on Friday, just in case. :)

I also posted both here and on the calendar about the Tuesday night meetup.

I will have the server up tonight by 8 PM and we can try again. Hopefully, I worked out the technical issues with connections. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

If you didn't get my skype id, post here and I will PM you. Be sure to check your PMs on this forum. They are in the upper right corner of the page: "notifications."

SheckyS
December 4th, 2015, 15:17
Shecky, I have a Bard ready for upload and am ready to go either tonight or next Friday night. ;)

It's been over a week with no response on the forum, no response to PMs, no response on the calendar, and you didn't show up for character creation, so I am going to assume you are no longer interested and give your spot to someone else.

Philip Wong
December 4th, 2015, 17:43
I want to join the game

Philip Wong
December 4th, 2015, 17:44
How to join the game

SheckyS
December 4th, 2015, 17:56
I want to join the game

This game is currently full. :)

SheckyS
March 7th, 2016, 01:42
This campaign is currently at level 4 and we could use one more player. Please PM me if you are interested in joining the campaign in progress. :)

We play every other Friday night at 8 PM EDT.

Mature, reliable players only, please. :)

IrishBouzouki
March 9th, 2016, 00:00
PM sent

SheckyS
April 4th, 2016, 01:19
So once again, I find myself with an opening in this game. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.
The party is currently in a need of a healer. :)

damned
April 4th, 2016, 03:34
So once again, I find myself with an opening in this game. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.
The party is currently in a need of a healer. :)

Ohhhhh thats a good sign! The party has bitten off more than they could chew and are now licking their wounds!

Pandamonius
April 6th, 2016, 16:09
The party is currently in a need of a healer.

I think the term is "desperately"...especially given how lousy and impulsive the tank is. :D

SheckyS
April 6th, 2016, 17:20
You guy are not helping. :-P

Jamihr
April 8th, 2016, 22:48
Sent a PM, but i'll post on here as well anyways, I'd be happy to join and run a cleric for the party! I'm even available for tonight's session, if needed.

skylerbarger
April 9th, 2016, 18:42
Willing to play whatever the party needs. Let me know. I'm EST and Fridays are great. I have an ultimate license and can communicate via whichever method you need. PM if you need me.

Jamihr
April 11th, 2016, 00:39
Your PM inbox is full shecky, can't PM :P

SheckyS
April 11th, 2016, 03:35
Your PM inbox is full shecky, can't PM :P

Fixed. :)

SheckyS
April 17th, 2016, 01:05
And once again... we need to fill an opening. Any class will do. If you are interested in joining this game (at level 5), please send me a PM. :)

Dragontail
April 17th, 2016, 01:32
PM Sent

jwrightFANTASYG
April 17th, 2016, 02:50
PM also sent

SheckyS
August 13th, 2016, 01:33
Why is it so hard to find reliable players? :)

So my game has lost another player and I'm looking for a replacement. We are nearing the end of a level 7 campaign and when it's done, one of the players will be taking over and running Harried at Hillsfar.

We have a good core group of mature players, but we've had a few dropout and unreliable folks whom I had to punt. So if you want to play and will show up every week, shoot me a PM. :)

We play every alternate Friday at 8PM EDT.

damned
August 13th, 2016, 02:27
SheckyS it is what it is... look after your core group and over time you will fill it out to a full group of reliable players.

Gardner
August 13th, 2016, 15:36
Hi SheckyS, I am interested in getting going if you're looking for someone to play. I use to play tabletop D&D (2nd edition) so it's been a while but I've recently been wanting to play more and more. I have really good availability and am easy going. Let me know if I might be able to join

SheckyS
August 13th, 2016, 21:35
SheckyS it is what it is... look after your core group and over time you will fill it out to a full group of reliable players.

That was a rhetorical question. :-P

SheckyS
February 10th, 2017, 17:06
This game now has 1 or possibly 2 openings. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.
We currently play every other Friday night starting at 8 PM EDT. We typically play for 3+ hours. This is a long-running campaign with mature players - well, mostly mature. I mean - there's always ONE in every group if you know what I'm saying.
Oh, it's a homebrew world and the new characters will begin at around level 7ish. :)
We lost our Wizard, so a magic-user type would be good, but the classes are flexible.