PDA

View Full Version : Encounter Refresh Button in Paid Premade Adventures

Viv
November 23rd, 2015, 23:19
I recently purchased Princes of the Apocalypse for Fantasy Grounds, but I need to make modifications to encounters since my players are starting at a higher level, but for some reason, unlike in things I make myself, the premade adventure's encounters don't have a refresh button to update the CR and EXP numbers. Is there a reason for this? Is it something I can change and make show up? Thanks.

Trenloe
November 23rd, 2015, 23:25
It's because they're locked by default. Click the padlock icon at the top of the encounter window to unlock the record.

Viv
November 23rd, 2015, 23:33
I should have specified that unlocking them doesn't help, and that in other encounters which are locked, the button is still there whether it's locked or not. Even some encounters which used to have the button no longer do. I think it's some sort of bug I'm experiencing. I tried turning off my extensions and that didn't work either. :/

Trenloe
November 23rd, 2015, 23:40
Hhhmmm, when I lock any encounters (module or otherwise) the refresh button goes away, but appears again when I unlock.

What version of the CoreRPG *and* 5E ruleset is reported in your chat window when you load up the campaign?

Are you running any extensions?

Viv
November 24th, 2015, 00:06
In the launcher, it says I have 3.1.4 Ultimate, but in the chat after loading the campaign, it says 5e ruleset v3.1.3 and CoreRPG ruleset v3.1.3. Also, I was running extensions, but turned them off and still encounter the same issue. Is there a chance the extensions can permanently screw stuff up?

EDIT: I turned them all off again and for whatever reason this time it is functioning as expected, so apparently I have one or more extensions that is messing with it. I should be able to figure it out from here. Thanks for your assistance :)