PDA

View Full Version : UpdaterEngine.exe doesn't work

apetina
November 23rd, 2015, 11:44
Hello!

After some days trying to update my FG and not to get it, I decided to reinstall the software. I noticed the main folder isn't deleted with the uninstall program then I decided to delete it manually, but I can't because there is a file in use. This file is UpdaterEngine.exe.

After rebooting my computer I still can't delete it. It's like UpdaterEngine.exe is always in use, but it doesn't work when I doble-click on it. This problem matches I can't update the software.

I've tried to uninstall FG through Steam and Windows Control Panel, as well as to install it through Steam and FGWebInstall but I can't update anyway.

May you can help me?

Thanks in advance,

Zacchaeus
November 23rd, 2015, 12:50
Have a look in Task Manager in file processes and if you find Updater in there tell it to stop and you should then be able to delete it.

apetina
November 23rd, 2015, 13:11
Have a look in Task Manager in file processes and if you find Updater in there tell it to stop and you should then be able to delete it.

I had already tried it before trying to reinstall FG. I don't find any task related to FG nor its updater.

apetina
November 23rd, 2015, 13:21
I've identified the process is using UpdaterEngine.exe is System. I've looked at services.msc trying to find associate to FG but I didn't find any.

Moon Wizard
November 23rd, 2015, 17:16
After a reboot, I can't think of any reason why the UpdaterEngine would be running, unless it was manually added to start up items.

Can you login as admin user to delete? Or stop the process in Task Manager?

JPG

midas
November 23rd, 2015, 19:11
Make sure your Task Manager is set to show processes for all users. If UpdaterEngine.exe is in use by System, it should be there.

ddavison
November 23rd, 2015, 23:15
You also mentioned Steam, you can try launching Steam as an Admin and then try to go to Delete Local Content from the Fantasy Grounds properties within Steam and then re-install from there.

apetina
December 3rd, 2015, 10:55
Hello!

I don't know how but now I can update my FG both in and out of Steam.

I think my problem was related to Windows.