PDA

View Full Version : Clearing Party sheet

Dragontail
November 22nd, 2015, 14:29
How to i clear out the stuff in the party sheet? I use 1 general campaign to keep everything together and after 4 sessions the party sheet inventory is getting a bit long....

Zacchaeus
November 22nd, 2015, 16:10
What bit of the party sheet are you talking about? The party Inventory is a summary of the inventary held across the party and you can't do anything about clearing that out unless the PCs clear stuff out of their inventories. Once they do that click the 'Rebuild party inventory' button to refresh the list.

If you mean the Parcel Items then you can reduce the amount here by distributing to the players. Have a look at the party sheet (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Party_Sheet) article in the wiki for details of how you can do this and the various options open to you.

Andraax
November 22nd, 2015, 16:25
Penalize the party for hauling around all that stuff until they decide to sell it somewhere...

Dragontail
November 24th, 2015, 23:35
Ya I ment the gold too... I ended up removing them all from the party (which cleared it) and then added them all back in. Worked!

JohnD
November 25th, 2015, 04:25
Ya I ment the gold too... I ended up removing them all from the party (which cleared it) and then added them all back in. Worked!

As soon as you refresh that information will be displayed again - it isn't gone.

Zacchaeus
November 25th, 2015, 12:00
As soon as you refresh that information will be displayed again - it isn't gone.

Indeed, when you load your campaign back up again it'll all be back. As I said above if it's annoying you (and clearly it is) then you need to get your PCs to sell stuff and clear out unwanted items (if the gold annoys you as well there's not a great deal you can do about that). However even 4 PCs with just a minimum of a pack, a weapon, and some armour make quite a list of stuff. You may have to just get used to not looking in that part of the Party Sheet. :)

damned
November 25th, 2015, 13:43
Send in the halflings!

Dragontail
November 27th, 2015, 02:00
It didnt come back. All the stuff that told me which PC took which item, when I removed all the PC'sfrom the Party Sheet cleared it. Putting them back in after did not repopulate the inventory

Dragontail
November 27th, 2015, 02:01
umm hold on while i remove foot from mouth.........

Andraax
November 27th, 2015, 02:09
Did you hit the refresh button on the inventory sheet?

Dragontail
November 27th, 2015, 02:33
ya thats why im removing my foot from my mouth :(

JohnD
November 27th, 2015, 02:47
You know, you want that information as the DM.

Dragontail
November 28th, 2015, 16:23
Yes I do but at some point the list gets to big. There is a measure of trust between the gm and players.

Griogre
November 30th, 2015, 22:18
Here's my suggestion that might help: Have your players put a * in front of all magic so it "floats" to the top of the list because as DM you only really care about magic past the lowest levels. You can have them do it "paper doll" style or just list style.

For list style just do it in the name, ie *Potion of Healing - in fact since we know most players are lazy put the * in front of the name of the item *before* you hand it out so they don't need to do anything. You'll still need to deal with potions of healing which come out of the PH. This is the easiest solution.

You can also do (or have you players do) "player doll" style where you put the * in the Location so for a potion of Healing you would put Potion of Healing in the name (or drag and drop the stock potion into inventory) but in the Location put *Consumable and for a +1 Long Sword put *Weapon in location - basically just put the * in front of "location on a paper doll", ie *Weapon, *Armor, *Wondrous and so on. This makes the PC's Inventory page easier to read because the pager doll "slots" float to the top and presumably, they have their best stuff "equiped" so the speak.

Here's a screen from some old 12th and 10th level 4E PCs of mine using the idea (same idea and setup for 5E but I didn't have any high level 5E guys with magic floating around). Fang has paper doll and list, while Caleya just used the paper doll. You can see how Fang's Magic gear with starting with *Antipathy Gloves "floats" to the top of the party sheet inventory list and Caleya's magic is buried in alphabetical order:

https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/Party%20Inventory_zpslbs2ggn6.png