PDA

View Full Version : Concentration check module/extension

Franck
November 20th, 2015, 20:12
Dear all,

First, sorry I am French and my English is not so good that I would like
I read a lot contents inside the forum but I failed to find the information.
I very happy with Fantasy Grounds. However, to be perfect for me I would like to create a special module/extension on Concentration Checks.
In fact, I wish to apply a similar Fumble and Critical hits automated module for fight rolls but to spell Concentration Checks.
For example, PC1 rolls a CC and obtain Fumble “1”. This start an automatic d6 roll and potential second table d20 roll (as exactly the Default Fumble and Critical hits module does for fight rolls).

My first question: this option could be done by simple module or extension, or should I modify a core rule (I am playing PFRPG)?
My second question: If it is possible with a module/extension, do you know a similar one which I can start with because I am very beginner code writer …?

Thank for your reply anyway,

Have a nice day,

Franck

damned
November 21st, 2015, 04:09
Does Critical Fumbles auto roll as soon as you roll a 1?
The simplest way would be to just create a table and have the players roll on that but if there is automation your best bet is to open up the existing extension and see if you can get your head around it :)

Franck
November 21st, 2015, 11:04
Thanks Damned for your reply.

Does Critical Fumbles auto roll as soon as my player roll a 1 ? Yes, ideally. Today we do it manually but that's why I have posted my request : ask FG to recognize the CC roll when is a Fumble ("1") ou a Critical hit ("20") and start automatically in first time a 1d6 roll and in second time a 1d20 roll + effect/result print.
I have tried to modify the Default 4E Fumble and Critical hits module but it is linked to the option “House Rules (GM) / Attack: Fumble/Crit Tables/” in the FG-GM manager.

Franck

damned
November 21st, 2015, 12:17
Thanks Damned for your reply.

Does Critical Fumbles auto roll as soon as my player roll a 1 ? Yes, ideally. Today we do it manually but that's why I have posted my request : ask FG to recognize the CC roll when is a Fumble ("1") ou a Critical hit ("20") and start automatically in first time a 1d6 roll and in second time a 1d20 roll + effect/result print.
I have tried to modify the Default 4E Fumble and Critical hits module but it is linked to the option “House Rules (GM) / Attack: Fumble/Crit Tables/” in the FG-GM manager.

Franck

You can Add a similar Option in the 5e ruleset.
It should be in that extension too...

Or you could remove the dependency...

Franck
November 21st, 2015, 12:40
Sorry, I don't understand you. What do you mean by “dependency”?
I am playing 3.5/Pathfinder.
My question is to "link automatically" my “Concentration Checks Fumble tables” to the “Concentration Checks roll” done by my players. I am sorry not to have been enough clear perhaps in my first post.
Franck

Trenloe
November 21st, 2015, 15:32
@damned - what extension are you referring to?

damned
November 23rd, 2015, 12:25
Hi guys - I misread or misunderstood Franck's post. I thought that the Critical Ht was also an extension.
Im short on time to have a look but you should be able to access the Critical Hit code and duplicate it but leave out the dependency for the Options setting...