PDA

View Full Version : Connection Issues

Kulis
November 18th, 2015, 22:58
Hello all,

I have been running fg for 2 weeks now. Last night was the last night members of my group will meet face to face (3 players were remote), next week we are all 100% remote. That being said, what I did this week and last week was copy my fg files from my main pc to my laptop and use my laptop on game night. I never had two instances of fg running as a GM. I closed my PC down before D&D and closed my laptop down before I logged back in at home. Everything ran great last night. I copy the updated files from last nights session and load them back onto my pc and load up fg. My connection test now fails. I have never had a connection fail issue like this on my pc. My 1802 port is open and forwarded.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Kulis

damned
November 18th, 2015, 23:33
Yes... if you forwarded TCP1802 to one computer it is forwarded to that computer. You cant forward to two computers. Youw ould need to delete the first entry and create a new one. Sometimes you need to reboot router after the changes. If using UPnP same thing - you may have to reboot as the UPnP may be holding the old computers setting for a predefined period of time.

Kulis
November 19th, 2015, 05:42
I have been at work since posting this. That fixed it, thanks so much Damned! That was the last week I will have to do that, from now on I will only be running FG from my main pc at home.

Thanks,

Kulis