PDA

View Full Version : Alternating DM? One DM license?

Stegger
February 2nd, 2005, 13:47
Hi,
I have been looking at the FG software for some time now and I really think it looks good. I have played around with the demo with some friends and we are thinking of buying the real thing. The problem is that we change DM from time to time, and we really only need one DM license in total. Can we shift this DM license around between us without having to reinstall the entire program or??
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Stegger

Bagpuss2
February 2nd, 2005, 14:58
I wouldn't have thought so, but wouldn't you need more than one as surely somefolks that arn't currently DM'ing will need to the Full program to do preperation.

richvalle
February 2nd, 2005, 15:08
Officialy I'm sure the answer is "no", you need 2 full licences. Unofficialy you might be able to juggle two around by swapping who has what installed when... but I think it would be way more trouble then the extra $10 you would have to pay to get another full license.

You can use the full license as a client as well so just getting 2 full ones and everyone else getting lites should work fine.

rv

Stegger
February 2nd, 2005, 15:09
Normally we just take turn for a couple of months. So that is generally not a problem.
Stegger

richvalle
February 2nd, 2005, 16:03
Well, I tried having the software installed twice on my pc in two different directories (I wanted to connect to a host twice once for my character and once for his familuar).

One of the problems I had with this is that your computer remembes where the last install of the software went and that is where it applies any patches you install. When I tried to install the 1.03 patch I had to install it once, then reinstall the software into the first directory and apply the patch again. It was a bit of a mess and then I had some weird software things pop up so I tossed it as a bad idea and just had the software installed once again.

One other problem I had running like this is that my system blue screened after having the 2 connections up for 15 min. Not good. :)

rv