PDA

View Full Version : Game Calendar is broken

SheckyS
November 18th, 2015, 14:33
I'm not sure if this is the right forum in which to post this, but if not, maybe someone can move it to the right place.

The Game Calendar sorting doesn't work right and it's extremely confusing for new players who are looking for games.

For example, I want to play D&D 5e, so I go to the game calendar and I do the following:

Ruleset used: D&D 5e.
Sort by: Last GM Activity, descending

One very minor problem is that when I select "Last GM Activity", the combo shows "recent activity." Okay, not a big deal, but confusing for new users.

Much more important is that the list is NOT, in fact, sorted by Las GM Activity. There are two items whose titles are prefaced with "[FGDAZE]" that are always at the top of the list. I'm not sure what these two entries are or why they are always at the top of the list regardless of which direction you sort, but neither one of them seems to be active. I can't even tell whether they still exist or not. Both apparently haven't had any activity since September and if you are new to the forum and you just glance at the first one or two items on the list, you will get the impression that there are no new games since September.

Sure, now that I know about it, I just ignore those two items, but players new to these forums and the calendar who aren't paying very careful attention are going to be very discouraged. I almost didn't bother with FG because I assumed no one was using it and that the player base was essentially dead.

ddavison
November 18th, 2015, 15:48
Thanks for the note. That was a special sort that placed FGDaze events at the top of the list in order to help support that convention. I turned this feature off so that they should now sort properly.

SheckyS
November 18th, 2015, 15:54
Excellent. :)