PDA

View Full Version : New

CPDutch45
November 18th, 2015, 02:51
Hey all, I'm looking for a group to get in with.

Mask_of_winter
November 18th, 2015, 02:58
Unless you are free 24/7 it might be a good idea to let us know your time zone and availability. We have people from all over the world here playing different game systems in different genres and at all times of the day and night, week days and weekends.

With that said, welcome to the community Dutch!

Trileobe
November 18th, 2015, 03:30
Speaking purely as a DM, I'd recommend patrolling the forums and looking for games that are looking for players. DM to PC ratio lets dm's be lazy enough to not look for players by reading others posts

Unbutu
November 18th, 2015, 06:53
Also, there's a lot of commitment shown from a DM already when he's preparing the stuff and opening the game. They tend to love players who take the initiative.

Like it's been said, DM to players ratio makes it so you'll likely have to apply on many games before one has a spot for you. You may want to check the calendar for games that are recruiting as well.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/gamecalendar/dashboard.php

CPDutch45
November 18th, 2015, 13:26
Ah thanks for the tips, quite new to this form.

SheckyS
November 18th, 2015, 14:25
Yeah, it seems there are a lot more players than games, so the best thing to do is check the forums for postings about new games and check it very often, because games tend to fill up fast.

Also, check the game calendar. I find it confusing and hard to use because the sorting seems to keep certain games at the top even though they haven't had any activity in months. But you can filter by the game system you want and then sort in descending order by latest activity and just skip the first few entries and see if there are any new games posted.