PDA

View Full Version : Question about.Critical Role Stream

Diomitus
November 17th, 2015, 02:38
Hey everybody. I'm really new to D&D, but I really like it very much. I can't get enough.

I've been watching Critical Role alot and I had a question about Vax (The half-elf Rogue played by Liam O'Brien)

In the first few episodes, he crits on a 19. I was just curious how that was possible?

spite
November 17th, 2015, 02:51
Did he take a few multiclass levels in fighter or something? As far as I know that's the only way to increase crit range.

Morgentaler
November 17th, 2015, 03:05
Hey everybody. I'm really new to D&D, but I really like it very much. I can't get enough.

I've been watching Critical Role alot and I had a question about Vax (The half-elf Rogue played by Liam O'Brien)

In the first few episodes, he crits on a 19. I was just curious how that was possible?

Could be a magic Item, Could be a homebrew class feature..could be alot of things..as these guys were playing a few years prior to the stream together, and they adapted their characters from 3.5/Pathfinders to 5e.

Nylanfs
November 17th, 2015, 04:07
Could also be a Keen weapon :)

Seananigans
November 17th, 2015, 05:24
He also seems to have an extra attack (dagger dagger dagger), so since I'm fairly sure he has no fighter levels (rolls 6 or 7 sneak attack dice), I'm putting my money on homebrew Pathfinder conversion.

midas
November 17th, 2015, 20:53
He does have at least one keen dagger, and it's possible he had Improved Critical prior to them moving the game to 5e. As for dagger dagger dagger he only has all three attacks when he uses his boots of speed (there have been times he didn't say he'd activated them and he only had two attacks).

kylania
November 17th, 2015, 20:58
Hi #Critter! :)

Seananigans
November 17th, 2015, 23:48
He does have at least one keen dagger, and it's possible he had Improved Critical prior to them moving the game to 5e. As for dagger dagger dagger he only has all three attacks when he uses his boots of speed (there have been times he didn't say he'd activated them and he only had two attacks).

Hmm I guess I've just missed those two attack times! My bad