PDA

View Full Version : How to get custom desktop extension to work for Numenera

heyhogan
November 16th, 2015, 21:35
I have been trying to tweak the custom desktop extension to work with Numenera, which is based on RPG Core. It just doesn't show up. What am I missing here. The only extensions that do show up as options for Numenera are Enhanced Images (CoreRPG+), Locations Database, and Masks Custom Desktop Decal.

Here is link to the file I working with: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B430SaHsoDsHaW9MQTcxVEJxbkU/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B430SaHsoDsHaW9MQTcxVEJxbkU/view?usp=sharing

Here is the code I thought I needed to change.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<root version="3.0" release="1" logo="logo.png">
<properties>
<name>Numenera Desktop</name>
<version>1.3</version>
<author>Malvok - Edited by KRHO</author>
<description>Numenera FG Desktop</description>
<loadorder>10</loadorder>
</properties>
<base>
<includefile source="graphics/graphics_frames.xml" />
</base>
</root>

Can someone help me out? What do I have to do to make this show up as an extension to Numenera?

damned
November 17th, 2015, 00:19
Within the properties tags add this:

<ruleset>
<name>Numenera</name>
</ruleset>

and you should be good to go!

heyhogan
November 17th, 2015, 04:01
Within the properties tags add this:

<ruleset>
<name>Numenera</name>
</ruleset>

and you should be good to go!

Funny you should suggest that. I tried that too, but no luck.

damned
November 17th, 2015, 04:03
sent you a PM.

Trenloe
November 17th, 2015, 04:34
I'm guessing it could be how you've zipped up the extension.

Use ZIP compression, not RAR or 7z.
ZIP up from within the extension directory - don't ZIP from outside the directory. i.e. select extension.xml and the other files and ZIP those up to create the extension.

Or, for your testing, don't create a .ext file, just create a directory for your extension in the <FG App Data>\extensions directory and put all of the files in that directory.

Also, reload FG when you've done this - it will only see new extensions when it loads.

heyhogan
November 17th, 2015, 05:24
I'm guessing it could be how you've zipped up the extension.

Use ZIP compression, not RAR or 7z.
ZIP up from within the extension directory - don't ZIP from outside the directory. i.e. select extension.xml and the other files and ZIP those up to create the extension.

Or, for your testing, don't create a .ext file, just create a directory for your extension in the <FG App Data>\extensions directory and put all of the files in that directory.

Also, reload FG when you've done this - it will only see new extensions when it loads.

I was zipping/unzipping extention wrong, so you guessed it. I have things more or less ironed out. Seeing duplicate listings but both work so I am going to live with that.