PDA

View Full Version : Question on parse

evilmouse
November 16th, 2015, 17:10
Is there a way to see where you made your mistakes say warning? if so please tell me how i have debug on 3rd lvl and no pop ups on where my error is

Zacchaeus
November 16th, 2015, 18:00
No, there isn't anything specific which point to an error and debug level won't make any difference for you.

The trick with par5e is to not do too much at one time. Do a little par5e it, open up the module in FG, check all is ok. Then par5e a little more check it in FG and so on. That way you only have a fairly small area to find the error in.

It depends on exactly what you are parsing but common problems are missing ';' or '#' not correctly ending bullet points or tables with the correct syntax, missing bold or italic markups, extra spaces or not enough spaces, letters instead of numbers.

So the smaller the sections you do it in the less time you will find hunting down errors.

cas206
November 17th, 2015, 18:56
I'm not sure about Windows version, but on the Linux version, when I crank up debug level, lots of extra information is spit out to the terminal. This can sometimes point to where a problem is.

damned
November 21st, 2015, 06:53
On some types of data you get good debug but i dont think you do on monsters...