PDA

View Full Version : Creating a NPC that has PC abilities

crb31
November 16th, 2015, 04:08
I'm trying to bring a old adventure into 5e and I need to create a 5th level fighter. Obviously I would like it to have the 5th level fighter abilities. Is there a easy way to do this? thanks in advance - Cal

damned
November 16th, 2015, 04:37
Create it as a PC. Log in a second (player) instance of FG (use localhost) and grab the PC from the list and that will hide it from the players.

crb31
November 16th, 2015, 04:38
but if I am trying to create it as a module to share- wouldn't that be awkward to explain to other DM's?

damned
November 16th, 2015, 04:46
If you need it to have features that are not supported by the NPC sheet then thats what you will need to do. Otherwise try and work out how to represent the character within the NPC framework. Sticking with NPCs will be much easier if this is for distribution/sharing.

crb31
November 16th, 2015, 05:00
That is what I was afraid you might say..

JohnD
November 16th, 2015, 14:46
Log into your campaign with a player instance and take possession of the PC - this will mean it isn't visible to your players when they connect.

Edit: Just like damned suggested above. :ninja:

Griogre
November 16th, 2015, 19:38
In this case you are going to want to most likely create it as a NPC, though.

LordEntrails
November 16th, 2015, 20:30
What I do is create it as a PC in a development style campaign, then create an NPC in the module development campaign and copy over all the relevant info etc to the NPC object/entry. (Or create the PC in the module devl campaign, create the NPOC, then export the PC object and then delete the PC.)

The NPC entry has everything you need to run it in a module etc, unless you want to level up the NPC as the campaign progresses. In that case, I go back to my development campaign and update the PC object and then make changes to the (or make a new) NPC entry.

crb31
November 16th, 2015, 22:00
What I do is create it as a PC in a development style campaign, then create an NPC in the module development campaign and copy over all the relevant info etc to the NPC object/entry. (Or create the PC in the module devl campaign, create the NPOC, then export the PC object and then delete the PC.)

The NPC entry has everything you need to run it in a module etc, unless you want to level up the NPC as the campaign progresses. In that case, I go back to my development campaign and update the PC object and then make changes to the (or make a new) NPC entry.
A little too complicated for me- right now- no I'm not planing on leveling them up. It's a level 5 fighter that the players encounter but might get into some combat with toward the end of the module.

damned
November 17th, 2015, 00:08
A level 5 Fighter should really be able to built quite adequately as an NPC :) Dont over think it!

epithet
November 17th, 2015, 14:39
Hell, I'd probably just use the "veteran" NPC with a tweak or two and some racials.