PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Log examples?

ffujita
November 15th, 2015, 17:35
I'm assuming that the Calendar Log is designed to allow the members of a campaign, both GM and Players to keep track of the history of the campaign. The blank log entries don't really provide me with a good idea of how to use them. I was hoping that a GM who uses Calendar Log entries would share how useful this feature could be.

JohnD
November 15th, 2015, 19:15
I'll post a few of mine when I get to the computer if someone else hasn't already.

JohnD
November 17th, 2015, 23:24
2nd Coldeven, 591 CY

The group travels through the Kron Hills, heading north to the city of Verbobonc via the Queensway Valley trade road. Their general goal is to find adventuring opportunities or other employment after having completed an exploration of a series of caverns together. They are reasonably well equipped; Barrett rides a Lt. Warhorse complete with leather barding and there are several potions and quality weapons, plus a well made mail hauberk spread amongst the group.

Present are;

Kenjo Ponki; Human Cleric/Monk of Rao (a Cruski Barbarian)
Harald Blakbrunsson; Suloise Fighter (a Fruztii Barbarian)
Alodar; Half-Elven Lore Warden of Boccob
Davron; Human Wizard
Nulak "Shadows" Strange; Rhennee Rogue
Barrett; Oeridian Paladin of Pelor
Urshkil; Half-Orcish Fighter/Cleric of Kord

Travelling north via the road, they are ambushed by a group of brigands, closing for melee, supported by archers and crossbowmen; a leader of some kind hanging back directing the battle. Although sorely pressed, the ambush is defeated and one prisoner is taken, although the leader of the brigands manages to flee the scene.

Interrogating the prisoner the group finds that he (Rolf) is essentially a highwayman not by choice, but by necessity. Last year Rolf was a farmer with a wife and family. Crops were poor and he was unable to pay his tithe to the local Lord, who then cast him and his family out. While his wife and children lived with relatives in a small village, Rolf, looking for work and finding none, fell in with a band of brigands who, once he joined, would not let him leave; even threatening his family should he run away.

Rolf was willing to show the group where the band had their hideout; an abandoned military fort in the hills, left over from the wars that ended a number of years ago. Further questioned, Rolf indicated that the band seemed well supplied and organized for simple robbers. Replacements arrived at regular intervals, and some were allowed to leave. Those leaving always took away the spoils of recent attacks, as well as any merchants or other travelers that had been captured. They were accompanied by several "large bearish brute men", which the group determined may actually be bugbears.

Rolf goes on to say that these creatures take orders from a half-orc dressed in black robes and wearing armor, who everyone in the group defers to and even Relig, the otherwise tough leader of the brigands seems afraid of.

Promising Rolf his freedom if he would lead them to the abandoned military fort, Barrett handed over sufficient coin to allow Rolf to look after his family for several months. The abandoned fort was several hours walk away through hills and wooded terrain... it was just after midnight when they first reached the fort.

2nd Flocktime, 591 CY

Sir Garvin takes his leave of the group, indicating that the Clerics at the Chapel of St. Cuthbert have assigned him with a task that will take him east into the Gnarley Forest and onward to Sobanwych, a number of leagues hence.
-----
Brother Mandius speaks openly spoken about leaving the group to travel south to the Principality of Ulek with a caravan about to leave Hommlet, and you are unsure of his future intentions.
-----
The prisoner you turned over into Lord Rufus' care has not been seen since; casual questions as to his whereabouts have been politely rebuffed. You do however notice a small work party building a gallows just to the north of the road passing the Tower, in the field near the labourer's camp....

Trenloe
November 17th, 2015, 23:40
And then export the log sometime later with this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18043-Feature-Request-Export-Calendar-Entries&p=141057&viewfull=1#post141057 and XSL in post #4 for making it human readable.

damned
November 18th, 2015, 03:02
Try to offload the responsibility to one or more players. They (unfortunately) cant edit it themselves but if they right it up and you add it to the calendar it becomes a valuable resource.

JohnD
November 18th, 2015, 04:17
Yeah, I offer bonus xp, sometimes it even works.

ffujita
November 18th, 2015, 05:00
Thanks! This helps a lot ...
So, correct the parts that are wrong: Calendar Entries one to a date, can only be written by the GM, shown on the Calendar, are useful as a history of the campaign, have both a GM only and viewable by all part, are text only, and can be exported.