PDA

View Full Version : 2 Beginners LFG Pathfinder

Revan256
November 15th, 2015, 16:19
Hi everyone! New to the forums here, looks like people are incredibly friendly; happy to see a non-toxic community! Anyway, my friend and I got invited to play a pathfinder game on FG with another crew a couple months ago, and that was our first "tabletop" adventure. We both absolutely loved it, but the GM was very unreliable. The game tapered off and now it's dead...so we're looking for a new adventure! I'm going to fill out the LFG form below for the both of us, just a heads up :)

FG License: We both have the paid game.
Time Zone: We both are in EST.
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Looking for a weekly game that gets together on the weekends. I could make Tuesday/Thursday work, but Sunday evenings would be preferable. Once a week is probably best.
Term: We both prefer long-term engagements with character development and such, however I'm not going to be picky!
Voice: Voice chat is no problem for us. His mic is kinda jank, though! :P

Game System Preferred: Pathfinder
Game System Experience: We both have roughly 30 hours experience with Pathfinder. We're both quick learners.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Same amount of time: around 30 hours in FG. We know the basics around creating character sheets and such, however some of the more advanced items you don't see until later in campaigns (item crafting, etc.) are slightly lost on us. Again, we both are decently apt :)

Character Type Preferred: He's really into the rogue/thief gameplay, and I'm a big caster/glass cannon. Always like to switch it up now and then, happy to try whatever niche needs to be filled.
About me: Both of us are very light-hearted and enjoy a mix between excellent, enthralling stories but also the occasional joking around. He's certainly more of a party leader, and I'm excellent support (both in role-playing as well as combat). In either case, we're both really friendly sponges hoping to soak up some knowledge about this excellent genre of gaming that has somehow eluded me for 26 years! Please feel free to reply if you have any questions. Really hoping to find a game :)

damned
November 16th, 2015, 04:31
Hey Revan256 Welcome!
Have a look at the Pathfinder Society Games. They run several low level / intro games and this will introduce you to other players and GMs.
Your best bet to get into a game is to visit the forums regularly (every day kinda regular) and post in any new threads that are GMs looking for players. Games fill up fast so GMs often dont need to go looking thru the LFG posts. Dont be discouraged if it takes a little while to fin a game. Some Games run for 4 years so a day or three or even a week or three isnt really long at all!

Also - will be posting the next FGDaze! dates very soon!