PDA

View Full Version : LFP - Campaign for Beginners (Australian Time Zone)

Wardian
November 15th, 2015, 05:32
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: Australian Central Daylight (ACDT)
Day of week and time: Sunday Night - 7:30pm
If new game, planned start date: 27th Dec - Ongoing
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Completing the module

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: TeamSpeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: LMoP
Number of Players in game & needed: 5/5 (party is full)
Character starting level & equipment: Level 3
Character restrictions: Starter Set or from PHB

Hey all! I've no experience in either playing nor being a DM in any tabletop RPG but it's something I've been keen to try for a while. I'm seeking fellow noobs who likewise want to jump in to this world. I'll stuff up, we'll stuff up, but lets have some fun doing so. My background tells me I'm likely to be more in to the storytelling / roleplaying aspects. I'll DM and you guys can weave your wacky tale.

We'll be using the D&D Starter Set with the Lost Mine of Phandelver, and the pregen characters. The starting date is a way off, this is to see if there is enough interest and to get as comfortable as possible with Fantasy Grounds and D&D mechanics.

If you're interested or have a question please comment below or shoot me a message.

Those fellow beginners out there please join us. You may be shy or fearful (I know I am) but lets work together to dispel reality and weave a wondrous tale.

damned
November 15th, 2015, 06:21
Welcome Wardian. There is a growing number of Aussie/Kiwi/Asian players about - Im sure you will fill your game ok. You may even pickup some EU and US players - we have both in our group that starts about 30mins later.
If you would like a short intro session to bounce any questions off of someone - let me know and Ill do my best to assist. Its always good to help a new GM get started!

macca.dj
November 17th, 2015, 04:35
Mate this sounds like fun, I am really interested in giving this a go I may also be able to get my son to play if you still need players. We are from SA and Saturday and Sunday nights are fine for us at this stag. I have not played D&D for about thirty years (so consider me a beginner) and my son has never played.

meverz
November 17th, 2015, 04:39
G'day,

I am very interested in playing. Would it be possible to run a different character other than the pregens? Or at least tweak them a bit?

Edit: If Sunday evening was a possibility, that would work heaps better for me.

Edit2: I'm in NSW, which should be too much of a problem. Just need to remember to account for the timezone difference.

I have played a fair bit of DnD, a couple of 3.5 campaigns, and have DMed a 4th ed campaign. Although I haven't played for nearly 5 years or so, and have barely looked at the 5th ed mechanics / rules. It would be great to get back into it, and there is no problem playing with beginners, we were all there once, and had to learn some how.

Monkn
November 17th, 2015, 06:58
Hi
Late night US player here. Would love to join. I have dnd experience but would need to brush up again. Fast leaner so wont take lone on that. Can play just about and class you need or lacking.

damned
November 17th, 2015, 07:49
Hi
Late night US player here. Would love to join. I have dnd experience but would need to brush up again. Fast leaner so wont take lone on that. Can play just about and class you need or lacking.

Monkn hows your definition of Late Night going? This will be real late! like first thing in the morning late :)

Monkn
November 17th, 2015, 07:54
Well since i on the norm stay up till 11pm or later ACDT I think I can make the time easy. So the time for me would be 1am my time. Easy mode

Wardian
November 17th, 2015, 14:52
Hey everyone, below is the possible start times for a few zones about the place. Sunday is certainly a possibility as well. Thanks for those that have already posted or pm'd. Private messages sent or on their way soon.

Adelaide (Australia - South Australia) Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 8:00:00 PM ACDT UTC+10:30 hours
Brisbane (Australia - Queensland) Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 7:30:00 PM AEST UTC+10 hours
Sydney (Australia - New South Wales) Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 8:30:00 PM AEDT UTC+11 hours
Darwin (Australia - Northern Territory) Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 7:00:00 PM ACST UTC+9:30 hours
Perth (Australia - Western Australia) Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 5:30:00 PM AWST UTC+8 hours
Wellington (New Zealand) Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 10:30:00 PM NZDT UTC+13 hours
Amsterdam (Netherlands) Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 10:30:00 AM CET UTC+1 hour
Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 1:30:00 AM PST UTC-8 hours
New Orleans (U.S.A. - Louisiana) Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 3:30:00 AM CST UTC-6 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 4:30:00 AM EST UTC-5 hours
Manila (Philippines) Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 5:30:00 PM PHT UTC+8 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 09:30:00

Wardian
November 25th, 2015, 15:14
Just a quick update.

We have 3 possible party members, still looking for a couple more. Was trying out TeamSpeak earlier as the voice option, met a couple of fellow TeamSpeak / Fantasy Ground noobs, friendly chaps. Would like to possibly catch up with any interested parties this Sunday via that option, will send out further info via message on Friday.

I've enjoyed RP via MUDS for many years. Couple of the interesting ones were a frog like Paladin who corrupted young paladins with alcohol and fun, another was a furry demon worshiper who used techniques of pain as a powerful form of self advancement

Goltron
November 25th, 2015, 19:43
I like the sound of this, i-ve been looking for an aus time zone game. This time suits me good.

Wardian
November 29th, 2015, 11:11
Hi all,

We had our first meet and greet not long ago :) Three of us there which was cool.
A few items that came out of that

a) I need to fix my port forwarding / firewall
b) Your own characters are fine - Standard Array required though (Pregens are fine as well / Will also need to develop some hooks in to the story line if you create your own characters)
c) Will likely have a one off scenario to test mechanics etc before we dive in to the real deal

Other than that drop me a line if you have any questions or want to catch up on TeamSpeak. Still need at least one more person.

Take it easy

damned
November 29th, 2015, 13:39
a) I need to fix my port forwarding / firewall

if you need help - holler...

Aellan
November 29th, 2015, 21:44
Hello there, I'm new to Fantasy Grounds. I'm brazilian (So 10:30 hours behind you guys, according to online research). So Saturday 8pm would not be such a bad time for me to play (As I'm looking for a group on the weekends).
I'm new to 5ed, but played a lot of 3.5 and 4th. I usually DM, which is why I got an ultimate licence, but I was looking foward to play a bit the adventures before I DM them to my friends. Do you guys still have a spot open? I usually play frontline characters (Paladin or Fighter).

Skulca
December 6th, 2015, 10:52
Hey

Beem Playing DnD for a long long long (30yrs) time, would love to have more games in Aussie Timezone!!! Really happy to help people learn the DnD system we all love :)

Happy to play what ever the party requires!

Love to try the LMoP as I never played or seen it went right to the PHB :)

Thanks

Wardian
December 6th, 2015, 12:18
Hey

Beem Playing DnD for a long long long (30yrs) time, would love to have more games in Aussie Timezone!!! Really happy to help people learn the DnD system we all love :)

Happy to play what ever the party requires!

Love to try the LMoP as I never played or seen it went right to the PHB :)

Thanks

Hey mate,

Totally agree with you about the Aussie Timezone, would like to see good numbers here on FG. I only know of one other group so far. Would of liked to have joined damneds recent game for FGdaze that was on friday, but my new internet connection was still getting sorted.

With the campaign for LMoP, we just had our first meet up with all parties rockin in, was cool seeing the group together. Mice Wars is something we can look forward to supposedly 0o. The crew is full, sorry mate. I'm as new as they come to Tabletop RPG's, will be looking to play as well as DM if the day / time is right.

Peace!

dulux-oz
December 6th, 2015, 13:02
I only know of one other group so far.

Don't worry, we're around - we just tend to be in established groups and so don't (need to) advertise much.

But I've got a small itch that's slowly growing bigger, so you'll never know what time will bring.

In the meantime - we're around. :)

Cheers

Wardian
December 17th, 2015, 14:20
Hey all,

Just a heads up our 3rd meet up is this Sunday, post your Player Character intro's here.

Peace!

meverz
December 18th, 2015, 04:55
Here is what I have so far for Jabari, the Half-Elf Wizard. Ideally, he would already know / be friends with one of the other party members (even better if that party member has shown him a kindness - maybe rescuing him from yet another band of street thugs?). Although I can work him in if that isn't the case.

Jabari: Half-Elf Wizard

Jabari is a short, wiry young man who dresses and acts in a way that makes him seem to blend into the background. He has perfected the art of passing unnoticed, and so even when he is in the room it can be very easy to forget he is there. He has never been accepted in ANY social circles, and has experienced a life of near constant bullying. This has led him to be very distant and reserved, reluctant to even reach out and meet people, let alone befriend them. However, if someone can get past that exterior, and actually treat him well, they will have a loyal friend for life.

Background
I never knew my parents. The only memory’s I have of them is sitting on my fathers knee as he leafed through his spell book, enraptured at the strange, arcane writings wrought upon the page, and snippets of being entranced by his display of magic abilities.

The rest of my childhood was spent in an orphanage, I assume after my parents died. But being one of the smallest kids there, and somewhat socially awkward, I was the frequent target of bullying. Sure, the kindly old lady who ran the orphanage was nice enough, but she was naïve as to what happened after she retired for the evening. Suffice to say I was often the target of the bigger kids. I tried to compensate by retreating into a world of knowledge and reading, but that only seemed to make me a bigger target. As soon I was able to scrounge a few river together, I ran away, figuring life on the streets would have to be better than there.

And for a (short) while it was. This was the first time I didn’t have to constantly be on my guard. However, it didn’t last long, and after only a few days I had quickly run through my meagre finances, and was now cold, hungry and alone with no immediate prospects of improving my situation.

For perhaps the only time in my life, luck was on my side, and I ended up falling in with the local street gang. However, soon enough, my small stature and social awkwardness came to the fore, and I never seemed to be able to climb off the bottom of the totem pole. Every time a new “recruit” joined us, I would think it finally my chance to move up, but within no time at all they would move past me on the pecking order. It seemed that the easiest way to advance was at my expense.

Despite this hardship I was able to eventually scrape and save enough coin to sit the entrance exam to the local wizards academy. It was with dreams of emulating my father, which I had kept alive for years, I took the test, hoping against hope to be successful (although with no idea how I would actually pay for it). To everyone’s surprise (including my own), I topped the test, and was accepted with a full scholarship.

Finally I thought, here among people like myself (smaller of stature and likewise socially awkward), I would finally find acceptance. How wrong I was. It was worse than the orphanage. Most of the students came from families with a rich magical tradition, who looked down on a poor upstart from the streets, with no arcane tradition or background. Only this time, those bullying me also had access to magic.

I however, was determined that nothing would stand in my way, and simply applied my self more diligently to my studies. The library with it's never ending supply of books and learning, allowed me a fantastic escape from the daily ordeal, as I escaped into the worlds I read about. I spent every waking moment in the library, only leaving at night when the kindly old librarian kicked me out. Unsurprisingly, my studies were a raging success, and not only was I now topping the class, I was also among the teachers favourites. Unsurprisingly, this only intensified the bullying, but I was determined to at least see out graduation.

However, one evening, only two weeks before our final assessment was to begin, I was subject to an unforgivable prank. I really don’t want to go into the details, I will leave it up to your imagination, and say it was worse than anything you can imagine. Suffice to say I snapped. Not realising the fury they had unleashed, my attackers retired for the evening, leaving me alone. I waited until I was sure they were all asleep. The gathering my meagre possessions, I crept up to the room my tormentors shared, and summoned 4 elementals from a pilfered scroll of Conjure Minor Elementals. Overcome with what I had just done, I fled, determined to complete my magical “education” on my own.

dankherbert
December 18th, 2015, 09:32
Still looking for players? I haven't played DnD for a good 15+ years but I'm super keen.

Wardian
December 18th, 2015, 12:58
Hey dank, sorry the party is full. Some of our group have likewise been away from the game for awhile. Great to see you returning! Seen two other aussies recently looking for games as well.

Goltron
December 20th, 2015, 07:10
Ilimyar is a Wood elf monk who's physical appearance is as follows. Bald, White beard, Lean muscular weathered body. Tattoos to upper torso, neck , head and arms.
Always has his Quaterstaff by his side and his pet mouse Vernin on his shoulder.

Backstory
Ilimyar has lived the life of ten human men though he can rember only the last handful of years after being found unconcious and battered in the slums of Neverwinter by a dwarf with the name Gundren by way of chance.
Ilimyar was laying in a gutter when Gundren, who was leaving an innhouse, walked straight onto the elf, which caused Ilimyar to awaken, spring to his feet and immediately restrain the dwarf with an intricate grapple.
The move for Ilimyar was so fluent and effortless that it felt intuitive, but he also felt confused.
Where is this strange place? Who is this dwarf?
Who am I?

In this moment Gundren felt the grip of the elf loosen, and he managed himself free. The dwarf could see that the elf was clearly shaken and he offered him inside the inn for a meal where they began to chat. Gundren could sense worth in Ilimyar and offered to help the elf get his life back together. It was during this meal that Gundren suggested to Ilimyar that he put his natural physical abilities to use and make some coin in the bareknuckle fights that took place around town.

This would be the start of all that Ilimyar remembers.

Over the next two years he would make a name for himself (and Gundren a small fortune) Pitfighting in the seedier parts of Neverwinter, having not lost one of his 53 fights.
The slums housed all types, and it can be a dangerous place for someone who cannot handle themselves. Ilimyar often finds himself aiding less fortunate folks who are on the wrong side of a robbery or such. It was in this manner that he met Jabari a half elf wizard, who became somewhat of an aqaintence to Ilimyar, every bit the odd couple, with Jabari providing the brains and Ilimyar providing the brawn.
From here he seeks something different, to travel the lands perhaps. It may lead to some clues as to who he was, or it may be the start of a new life altogether.

Aellan
December 20th, 2015, 09:31
Oronnorno: Wood Elf Druid
Alignement: Neutral
Background: Hermit
Height: 6'`1''
Weight: 130 pounds

Oronnorno is a Wood Elf Druid from the High Forest, coming from a small community that was led by an elder druid that saw the potential for natural magic on the young elf and gave him his first teachings on the druidic path. After reaching adulthood, Oronnorno was sent out into to roam the High Forest to further his training and find his own path of communion with nature after prolonged seclusion, as were the traditions of the Circle the elder druid from his village belonged to.

After two decades roaming the forest alone, Oronnorno came upon an old hermit, that had spent centuries communing with the spirits of the woods and was also a scholar on the behaviour of dragons and how they affected the natural balance around the places they lived on Faerun.

The hermit "mentored" the young druid in some of the natural lore he knew, including the knowledge to speak, read and write draconic. After this mentorship, the hermit asked the young druid to go into the outside world and send him reports on draconic activity and how they were affecting the environment around them - staring with the city of Neverwinter.

Wardian
December 20th, 2015, 13:41
The party had its first outing trying a one off campaign. We ran part of a mini quest by Survive RPG, props to them for an interesting mix of horror and detective work. Next week we delve in to LMoP proper so looking forward to that :)

Great to see how the group dynamic was starting to form. An embarrassing technical issue occurred with the DM, lesson learned to get everything sorted with plenty of time before the session starts. Don't take it for granted that everything will work as it did the session before, test everything early.

I have a few things that I need to work on as DM but everyone in the group is very patient and helpful. Roll on next week!

macca.dj
December 21st, 2015, 05:46
MEHEN
Standing at close to 7' tall, well muscled a bronze scaled humanoid in shining chain mail, looking very noble and carrying a shield marked with the symbol of Bahamut.

Background:
Born to a noble family Mehen grew up in and around the Nentir Vale, his father a respected Paladin of Bahamut put Mehen into training at the young age of 8. Being so young the boy would try to get out of the boring parts of the training notably the studying all of the books. He would sneak out of the church study chambers and run off to the woods around the Vale and plays at sword fighting with friends he made some of these friends were dwarfs from the halls of Hammerfast.

His family becoming very upset with his attitude thinking that these so called friends were beneath them and forbade him to see these dwarfs any more, So up to the age of 20 he was kept in his home, (which to him was almost like being held captive by them) until he finished his study's and took his oath's as a Paladin for the Dragon God Bahamut. Once free from his family he returned to his friends at Hammerfast, and then he decided to use his skills as a Paladin to help those in need.

So he agreed to go on his first quest, but from the start things did not go well as he was nearly killed by a rhinoceros. This shook him up and he took time out to rethink his calling, but his dwarf friends knew he had more to offer so talked him into being a caravan guard for a dwarf by the name of Gundaran Rockseecker. He accepted the job and set out for Neverwinter and to find himself.

Although his family means everything to him this course was just one more action that would bring shame to his family, but he needs to know if he is worthy to be one of Bahamut's faithful.

markjohn
December 25th, 2015, 23:36
Appearance
Adran Galandel is a half-elf rogue, Thick black hair medium length with a short ponytail at the back. Thin stubble, standing near 7 feet lean body. Scar across the chest shoulder to ribs.
Background
Born to a human father and an elvan mother, Adran Galandel was raised in the city of Luskan being poor he ran through the streets and from a young age found that information paid well. He first discovered this one day at the age of 7 when he heard that one of the young street gangs was going to try and take over the territory of another gang. He went to the leader of the later gang and informed them of the situation, for which he was paid a few coins when they found the information to be true.
This led Adran onto becoming quite a good gatherer of reliable information however it also meant that some of the cities unsavoury elements held a grudge or two against him, catching him eventually, and leaving him a reminder of working against them. Even so he worked for them he did not mined where he got his coin from. But as he grew the information he obtained became more and more dangerous so he decided that he may need the help and protection of a guild,
Not wanting to be part of any of the local guilds he decided to move to a new location far away so he took up an offer in a small guild in the town of Phandelver were he has resided for the last 85 years making head way in the guild and a chain of informers throughout the realm.

Wardian
January 10th, 2016, 13:20
Just a quick update.

The party has now completed its third session of Lost Mines. The DM is learning ever so slowly some of the Fantasy Grounds mechanics, adding those strings a few at a time is very cool. I'm getting a bit more confident in some of the Roleplaying of NPC's, some more so than others. I'm very thankful for the groups patience and helping out with rule queries and clarifying matters here and there. Looks like we are pushing onward to complete the campaign :)

If there are others out there in our region, keep persisting in finding a game. Reach out and perhaps form as much of a group as you can. Try the one shots where possible to get that foot in the door. Take it easy, peace!

Wardian
February 1st, 2016, 08:20
Hi everyone,

We are looking for two players to join the campaign. Our normal time of play is weekly on Sundays at 7:30pm ACDT (8pm AEDT), session times are 3.5 hrs long. This next session though will occur on Monday 8th of Feb - 7:30pm ACDT, after that the sessions will return back to Sundays.

Next Week: Monday 8th Feb - 7:30pm ACDT
Week After: Sunday 14th Feb - 7:30pm ACDT
Sundays thereafter.

The current party is level 3 so you'd be joining at that level. We are roughly halfway through Lost Mines of Phandelver, could be anywhere from 4 to 8 sessions remaining. If you're interested please send me a message or comment here with the background of your proposed character. Current Player Characters: Dragonborn Paladin, Half-Elf Rogue and a Half-Elf Wizard.

Looking forward to a couple more fellow noobs joining the crew,
Peace!

Hifilia
February 2nd, 2016, 18:07
Well i am as noob/new as it gets, i only just managed to make a character with the 3.5E ruleset for DnD (With help from a FG user). I still can get lost from time to time as i have yet to read a single DnD book. But I've been trying to get into for a long time before i even knew about FG (Using Demo License) to least experience it once.

I have a mic for voice and so on. Don't know what more to say? That's if you would give me a chance though.
Sorry if i lack more to my post, i can be rather shy as i never stick around socially on forums anywhere.

Bobbums
February 2nd, 2016, 21:47
I don't know how the AEST time zone applies to EST but i'm down to get into a new group so I can learn this programming!

meverz
February 2nd, 2016, 22:03
I play the Half-Elf Wizard in this game, and we have been having a blast so far. We have had a couple of players bail the last couple of sessions, so are looking for another couple of characters to replace them and round out the party. So far the game has been great fun, with a good mix of combat and role playing opportunities in town. For a new DM himself, Wardian has been doing a great job.

I don't know how the AEST time zone applies to EST but i'm down to get into a new group so I can learn this programming!

AEDT is Australian Eastern Daylight Time, if you are EST in the US, then we are 16 hours ahead of you (I Think). That would make 8pm Sunday night for us, about 4am Sunday Morning for you. If you can make that time, you are more than welcome to apply.

Hifilia: doesn't matter how new you are, we were all Newbies once. As long as you are willing to learn and have a go, we'll do what we can to help. The best thing to do is come up with a character (including backstory) that you would like to play, and let Wardian (the Dm) know, and then he can take it from there.

Hifilia
February 2nd, 2016, 23:39
Hifilia: doesn't matter how new you are, we were all Newbies once. As long as you are willing to learn and have a go, we'll do what we can to help. The best thing to do is come up with a character (including backstory) that you would like to play, and let Wardian (the Dm) know, and then he can take it from there.

I am willing to learn for sure, more worried to be a burden to the veterans that allows me to join the game, kind of grew up with games and lobbies such as League of Legends for example being toxic towards new players for the past 7 years, not saying any of you are, just cautious and nervous reaching out to random people. :P

Never done a backstory before, this is more or less my first character i made and i know so little of the world of DnD Beside being rather medieval themed in a way(?). Wouldn't know where to start without making it sound like a Deviant Art sounding Fanfiction.

What i made so far from the 3.5E is a Male Elf Bard class, i had great rolls on all stats beside Wisdom and and Int that lays at 8, so kind of a slightly charismatic character with the thought process of a brick. Wielding Scythe and Dagger and 4 of my lv0 spells are based on having easier time for things such as pick pocketing, disguise, diplomatic. Kind of a spy like your average Bard.

From Sweden so my Timezone is CEST, GMT+1. ^^
And pretty much free anytime most of time, as long i get to know beforehand and not in a last minute. I have Mic for voice chat, more then welcome to interview or questions. I'm more then happy to answer anything!

Wardian
February 4th, 2016, 07:14
Still seeking one more. Will you be the 5th Wave?

damned
February 4th, 2016, 09:51
I am willing to learn for sure, more worried to be a burden to the veterans that allows me to join the game, kind of grew up with games and lobbies such as League of Legends for example being toxic towards new players for the past 7 years, not saying any of you are, just cautious and nervous reaching out to random people. :P

Never done a backstory before, this is more or less my first character i made and i know so little of the world of DnD Beside being rather medieval themed in a way(?). Wouldn't know where to start without making it sound like a Deviant Art sounding Fanfiction.

What i made so far from the 3.5E is a Male Elf Bard class, i had great rolls on all stats beside Wisdom and and Int that lays at 8, so kind of a slightly charismatic character with the thought process of a brick. Wielding Scythe and Dagger and 4 of my lv0 spells are based on having easier time for things such as pick pocketing, disguise, diplomatic. Kind of a spy like your average Bard.

From Sweden so my Timezone is CEST, GMT+1. ^^
And pretty much free anytime most of time, as long i get to know beforehand and not in a last minute. I have Mic for voice chat, more then welcome to interview or questions. I'm more then happy to answer anything!

Your backstory doesnt meed to be dramatic.
Send Wardian a PM with a couple of ideas and see how you go.

Wardian
February 4th, 2016, 16:08

Wardian
February 28th, 2016, 13:23
Hiya All,

Seeking one adventurous soul to join our intrepid party of four. We have about 4 - 6 weeks to go on the current campaign, The Lost Mines of Phandelver. Upon completion there would be about a 4 week hiatus before we continue on with a 2 shot story, beyond that we'll be diving in to one of the Wizard Coast modules.

If the time zone works for you (being Sunday night Australian time) send me a holler. You'd be level 3, nearly level 4. Have a read through the few pages here in this topic to see if its your grain of tea.

Peace!

PS- some accents I've attempted
- gollum
- irish
- gravelly warrior
- plaintive owly owlbear / hostile beary owlbear ........

Cyprinus
February 28th, 2016, 14:38
Hey there,

I might be interested in joining. I am living in Sweden as well and the time frame (sunday evening Australian time) works for me.

I am new to FG, but not to D&D. I have played 5th edition before, but only in the lower level ranges. I am not particular favouring any class at this point - so I could come up with something that matches with the party.

Let me know if you are still looking for someone to fill up a slot.

Cheers

Fionn
February 29th, 2016, 08:27
I'd also be very interested in joining in. Effectively new to D&D given it's been so many years since I've played. As long as a lack of experience isn't a problem, I'd be very keen to take part, and happy to fit a character/class in around the existing party.

Cheers!

muckguppy
February 29th, 2016, 10:53
Hello,

I'm in western australia and looking for an australian game to get involved with. I've got experience with 5e (and previous editions) and I'd really enjoy having a crack at the module. I generally like playing little folk but beyond that I'll just be happy having a game. I own full edition and comfortable with voice.

Wardian
February 29th, 2016, 11:21
Thank you to those that threw their gauntlets in to the ring, at this stage the party is full once more. If a spot does come up, I'll shoot you all a message. Peace.

Wardian
April 17th, 2016, 15:59
Hi all,

Just a wrap up of this thread. We've now completed The Lost Mine of Phandelver.

There were 17 weekly sessions with 59.5 hours of game time. We ended up having 8 players throughout the campaign. Currently we have three aussies and two folks from +2 Utc in europe.

Certainly has been a challenge but totally worth it. Met a cool crew and had a bunch of laughs. As a DM I know a sliver of a sliver but its been a grand ride.

The question is......what now.....

Peace!

Murph
April 18th, 2016, 14:14
If you run another campaign and don't mind a new player joining I would be up for it.

I am GMT +10 - QLD and new to RPG's. Looking for a game that suits the Australian timezone.
Have played a few sessions of an AD&D 2E Dark Sun campaign that fell apart due to missing players.
Looking to get into 5e if possible.

Regards Murph