November 15th, 2015, 04:40
FG License: I have full license, so every player will need a full license
Game System: 5e

Time Zone: Eastern US
Day of week and time: Wednesdays, 5pm or later
If new game, planned start date: November 18th, 2015
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long-term

Text or Voice: Text and Voice, will be using voice for a lot of things but certain things will be in text
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: Not completely sure yet, most likely it will be a 50-50 mix
Number of Players in game & needed: 0 in game so far looking for 5 players
Character starting level & equipment: Starting at level one and I'll update all characters after they are created with starting equipment
Character restrictions: Neutral and Good aligned characters only

After taking a few weeks hiatus from any DnD I've decided it's about time to get back to it, I'm mainly doing this to put a custom setting to the test since it is the setting of a game that is currently under development. I decided there would be no better way to test some of the quest, npc's, and general feel of the game than by having a 5e campaign take place in it. Since I very much enjoy hard games that make people in the newer generations cringe out of frustration (Everquest pre 2001 would be best example of the level of difficulty I like to have in my games) this game will be like all of my past games, from the time we start and you are level one death can and most likely will occur, you'll have plenty of death saves and friendly players that can save you though. All Natural 1 rolls will have a consequence, ranging from you rolling damage on an ally to having your weapon stuck into a door that would require a strength check to get it back into your possession (This totally depends on what your rolling for, but since critical hits benefit you, critical fails will hinder you). If you can accept all of that than I'll do something I have never done for any of my previous campaigns, I will prepare everything before the game starts, have maps for you, npc's to interact with, taverns to drink at, and phat loot to show off to your grand kids. All rule lawyers, acts of stupidity, and anything the provides displeasure to the rest of the group will be met with a flying boulder of death landing on your character. I'm looking for a Semi-serious group to test out this setting and many cities.

The quest system will be similar to to my old guild quest system except this setting has no guilds, you hold allegiance to your province and since each one of you will be part of one of the military orders, you will either get choices of places to go and help out, or your one of the Grandmasters will specifically assign you a job. you will be part of a squad of 5, 1 of you will have to assume the role of the squads captain which can be decided upon later. You fight for your Order, Grandmaster, King, and Nation. Failure is not an option in your line of work, every quest will be doable but running in without thinking is usually the least viable option and will quickly lead to you re-rolling. (Due to some privacy issues this is all the info I can give out about the setting to the public but all that will be needed to get a good grasp of the game's setting will be given out during character creation)

Sidenote: Certain spells will not be usable in game, due to causing boring gameplay for both the DM and PC's. Character creation will be done all at once so each player can meet eachother before you venture off to your deaths and help decide on the best classes to play as a cohesive unit.

damned
November 15th, 2015, 06:26
...Character creation will be done all at once so each player can meet each other before you venture off to your deaths...

nothing like setting expectations nice and early!

Locke4VII
November 16th, 2015, 01:29
I applied on the calendar. I like the consequences on a Nat1, I typically do the same in my games as well. Wednesdays actually work perfect for me, and the line "All rule lawyers, acts of stupidity, and anything the provides displeasure to the rest of the group will be met with a flying boulder of death landing on your character." really stuck out to me on this one haha! I'm brand new to 5E and to be honest FG as a whole, but if you need a filler character and are willing to take on a newbie, I'd like to give it a shot. :)

Trileobe
November 16th, 2015, 04:11
Locke4VII, would love to have you join in.

Master damned pardon me for not replying to you sooner, but been busy taking a long nap and wondering how best to respond. I haven't quite figured out what I'd like to say, besides nice to see you again, and I hope you don't mind if I take a bit more time to do some figuring. (Mainly can't decide between having my response having to due with a one eyed possum walking down the interstate in the middle of a blizzard or a kangaroo arm wrestling a beaver)

Pandamonius
November 16th, 2015, 18:55
The concept sounds great, and I love that you are including consequences and crit fails. Unfortunately, I think 6:30pm is just a bit too early for me. Would probably draw all sorts of wife-aggro if I tried. Let me know if you decide to run it later, or if you start up another group though...again, I think the concept sounds awesome!

Trileobe
November 16th, 2015, 19:03
Pandamonius, We understand, it's a lot easier to fend off a 3 headed dragon than it is an angry wife. For the sake of all of our health we graciously thank you for not putting all of us in the line of fire. I know one fellawr who didn't take the wife into consideration, I still have nightmares over what i heard through Teamspeak, sounded like someone threw a cat in a bucket of water and rolled it down a hill

dakkonwastes
November 17th, 2015, 13:43
We must remember though that wives are women and that women are evil. Math says so.

women = time x money (women require time and money)
time= money (time is money)

=> women = money^2

money = sqrt(evil) (money is the root of evil)
money^2= evil

=> women = evil (women are evil)

Maths don't lie!!!!!!!!!!

JohnD
November 17th, 2015, 14:08
Wife aggro is the worst. However, if you embrace it, along with the icy chill and unfriendly atmosphere (that forgets all the hours you waste doing stuff that is only important to her) you can make it into uninterrupted computer time.

kwarner1986
November 17th, 2015, 14:11
(that forgets all the hours you waste doing stuff that is only important to her)

Don't let her read this! :D

Trileobe
November 17th, 2015, 17:10
I've found it best just to give her my wallet, and forget I ever had any money.... she goes shopping i get like 12 hours of uninterrupted computer time, and on a bad day I just have to tell her she looks hotter than 2 possums wrestling in wool sweater in the middle of a desert. if that don't work for ya, well put on your camo and hide in a tree

Pandamonius
November 17th, 2015, 17:44
I have to disagree. Wives aren't evil. Chaotic neutral maybe, but not evil....

I'd give her all my money, but that shopping spree would only last 45 minutes. An hour if there was a sale.

Trileobe
November 17th, 2015, 19:45
Shew you got it lucky then, mine only makes up her mind every few hours, and the only thing its made up about is how often to holler at me to take out the trash..... I swear if it was up to her i'd be taking the trash out before we have any trash to throw away

But on an unrelated note, This campaign has gathered 6 players together but people are still free to apply because I'm sure we will lose some players along the way and I'm always keeping an eye out for future replacements

Triggis
November 18th, 2015, 02:28
Tril! Your Back!! Id love to jump back in on this campaign. I loved your system the first time (AKA kill the monk lol) let me know...

Trileobe
November 18th, 2015, 02:34
Triggis you auto get a spot in all my games sending you info.... might just be my Tri pride

damned
November 18th, 2015, 02:37
Don't let her read this! :D

JohnD loves to live dangerously on these forums!

Unbutu
November 18th, 2015, 06:49
IS that game happening ? I can't seem to load the calendar page. I accept the fumble rules like I would click on any EULA. The squad-y nature of that game seems nice.

I would definitly show up today (18). You need only say one word !

Trileobe
November 18th, 2015, 06:57
Unbutu I'll send info your way in a bit.....

Quinn
November 20th, 2015, 00:48
The link isn't working. Brings up a blank calendar page.

Trileobe
November 20th, 2015, 01:45
Sorry bout that Quinn, forgot to take it out of thread... Calendar has been swiched to private.. we currently have 9 players and I don't think i could handle anymore than that

CodeeXD
November 23rd, 2015, 06:43
Hey im new to FG and i would be new to 5e if you allowed me to join. However i have played d&d for about 6 years now and would definitely love to join you in your campaign if you still have slots open, thanks for your time :D