PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands chip issue

bislab
November 14th, 2015, 23:06
Since the update to 4.2.2 of the savage worlds core I can no longer give characters chips. The option on the wheel is there to reset the chips, but there is no option to deal out a chip. I even tried to drag and drop a chip onto the character without success. I'm running FG version 3.1.3, SW version 4.2.2, Deadlands version 2.2.1 and adventure deck extension 1.5.0

bislab
November 14th, 2015, 23:12
Slight update. If I open a character sheet to the full view the option to award a chip is available. It is NOT available on the Characters screen where it shows all the characters.

phantomwhale
November 15th, 2015, 23:10
Thanks for the report - and glad there is at least SOME way to award chips still !

Will look at getting the Fate chip controls on the GM's character list fixed in the bugfix release I am putting together currently

phantomwhale
February 25th, 2016, 12:57
Sorry - bit of a hiatus there - I'm not sure this was ever part of DLR, I recall being a bit leary of people resetting legend chips by accident etc...

But I figure it's misleading having the behaviour different to Savage Worlds, so the next release will have both a "Reset Fate Chips" option in the context menu to replace the useless "Reset Bennies" option, as well as the ability to double click the fate chip overlay in the top right to reset fate chips too (middle-click clears them out as well - useful for characters not present for the session)

Can't say when this will get released, as I've got a couple more patches to go first, but look out for this fix in version 2.2.2

Niles
June 2nd, 2019, 01:14
I am trying out SWADE and trying to award a Legendary Fate Chip. It says that there are no more Legendary Fate Chips left in the bag. How do I reset the chips?

Doswelk
June 2nd, 2019, 12:19
I cannot remember the command but if you type /? it will show the options for the /chip command