PDA

View Full Version : Update Available Stays Red

Meliath1742
November 13th, 2015, 18:47
My wife's client (and the one on my kids iMac thru Steam) says Update Available (highlighted in red)...but when you try to update it starts looking at files but then suddenly quits and returns to the login screen. It has done this time and time again with no change. My FG is up to date and doesn't show any update needed and my wife was able to login (join) to my game with no problems (didn't come up with the wrong version message). Is there an issue with the update server?

Moon Wizard
November 13th, 2015, 20:52
I haven't had any reports of an issue on the update server. The default behavior at the end of an update is to close the updater, and return to the main FG client.

What version is appearing in your FG launch screen on those machines?

Either way, could you turn on Enhanced Update Logging option at the bottom of the Settings screen, run the update again, and send me the update.log file from the FG data directory? Please send to [email protected]

You can find the FG data directory by clicking the folder icon on the launch screen.

Regards,
JPG

Matchstickman
November 14th, 2015, 08:07
I can confirm that as a free user my update status after updating to 3.1.4FREE now continually says there is an update available.
When I run the updater it says "Fantasy Grounds updater v3.1.3", and after checking for updates takes me back to the main screen (no longer in full screen mode, but it has always done that so I don't think that is related).

damned
November 14th, 2015, 10:15
the updater is still 3.1.3 and the 3.1.4Free is also correct... the re button may be misbehaving...?

Nickademus
November 14th, 2015, 11:40
At one point in the past I asked if was possible to put in the option to 'opt out' or turn the button off. Not all updates are for rulesets that everyone uses. And then there are issues like this. Would be nice to click a button or check box and have the red button just stop being red.

Meliath1742
November 14th, 2015, 11:44
I sent Moon Dragon a log file to help figure out what is going on. Like I said, it didn't prevent my wife from joining my game so its just a nuisance at the moment.

Longhorn
November 14th, 2015, 15:35
I'm seeing the same behavior on my current free version of FG. Updated to 3.1.4Free a couple days ago and the Update Available button stays red.

Skellan
November 14th, 2015, 20:10
I am having this issue with one of my players also. He has a demo license and the update button stays red and it won't update

damned
November 14th, 2015, 21:53
I sent Moon Dragon a log file to help figure out what is going on. Like I said, it didn't prevent my wife from joining my game so its just a nuisance at the moment.

I wonder if that is an upgraded or downgraded version of the friendly wizard?

Moon Wizard
November 14th, 2015, 22:13
From the reports so far, it seems to only affect Free licenses. My guess is that it's related to the recent addition of the 5E data to all non-free licenses.

I'm investigating, and plan to have fix in the short term but no ETA yet since I haven't pinpointed.

Thanks,
JPG

Meliath1742
November 15th, 2015, 01:03
Lol...sorry about the dragon moniker...wizard, dragon...both are Powerful!

Redemption77
November 16th, 2015, 14:37
I dont know if there are updates daily but the last few days Ive had to update as it says there are updates available. I myself do not have a free license. Ive got a full license purchased back in early 2011. Never had issue with it. Once I go through the long update process it works normally but Im pretty sure there havent been updates every day since the last two back to back that we have notes for

Matchstickman
November 17th, 2015, 01:38
No idea what you have done (if anything) but I no longer have the flash red update button, cheers!

Moon Wizard
November 17th, 2015, 01:53
Great to hear. I pushed a patch to our update system this morning to fix.

Regards,
JPG

Longhorn
November 17th, 2015, 03:22
Thanks Moon Wizard. I also no longer see the red update button. :)

Meliath1742
November 18th, 2015, 00:46
Thanks MW...all better!