PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Image Windows that can be moved "anywhere"

heyhogan
November 13th, 2015, 14:49
One advantage FG has is the ability to run on multiple monitors. Unfortunately, I have two monitors of different sizes, so when I "stretch" the main application across both windows, the border area between the screens makes this setup difficult to use. The only reason I really need to stretch is that I want to make a battle map as large as possible, and using the second screen is perfect for that. I have tried two instances of FG, but then the combat tracker and the "map" I am using are not in sync. If possible, (which it might be), I would LOVE to have image windows ALWAYS open in the middle of the active desktop, but then not be bound to the FG application window, but able to move anywhere you want. I know this is doable since many other apps work this way.

Trenloe
November 13th, 2015, 15:11
Vote for it here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=54190

However, the devs have stated that undocked windows are not possible in the version of Unity they are working with for future FG versions. So, this may not be possible until a future version of Unity allows it. You certainly won't get it in the current version of FG as anything new like this is being deferred until after the Unity port - no point in doing the work twice.

heyhogan
November 13th, 2015, 15:38
Good to know. I don't know much about Unity, but it sounds like it has been discussed. I will vote as you suggest, and who knows, maybe some of the Unity changes will suggest a new workflow.