PDA

View Full Version : Help, Connection problems

jeffpysher
November 13th, 2015, 03:03
I have been trying to get Fantasy Grounds up and running to DM. I think I have a router connection problem, I am using a Actiontec "Wireless Broadband Router". But under my router settings the computer I am using had its name changed to the port IP number and is having trouble seeing it (I think). I am not sure how to proceed. Please help. Thank you for your time.

damned
November 13th, 2015, 03:33
hi jeffpysher

what is your computer IP address?
you can find this in Fantasy Grounds on the Load Campaign or New Campaign windows. It is your Internal IP.

log on to your router.
find port forwarding guide from here - you need your actual model number https://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Actiontec/

create a port forward of
tcp 1802 to your computers IP address and tcp 1802
if it asks for a range its 1802 1802

jeffpysher
November 13th, 2015, 11:07
Thank you, Damned. My freind went in before this and config my computer thru the DOS prompt to create a deadicated port ID and That i think changed the name of the computer on the router look-up menu. The router was giving me a name error.
I dont know how to get back to the DOS prompt to see if the computer named as Jeff-PC or as the IP address. I have changed the IP address to the internal IP but still no good. Also, the web site canyousee.org can not see my address. Still dead in the water.

Hope you can still help me...

jeffpysher
November 13th, 2015, 11:14
Sorry, Router is a model # MI424WR-GEN3I.

damned
November 13th, 2015, 11:47
i sent you a PM earlier...

jeffpysher
November 14th, 2015, 01:06
I would like to thank Damian for his time and attention for getting FG up and running for me ! He is a true Hero!!

Thank you so much!