PDA

View Full Version : Shortcut pin

bnickelsen
November 13th, 2015, 01:49
How do you a shortcut pin to a map?

Mask_of_winter
November 13th, 2015, 02:17
Enable the shortcut layer to an image by right-clicking and accessing the layer menu and then drop links on it. You can also hold ctrl on your kboard and drop links on an image.

Trenloe
November 13th, 2015, 05:19
Since FG v3.1.3 the shortcut layers is enabled by default on each image. Just drag your links to the image.

bnickelsen
November 13th, 2015, 10:55
SO I recently purchased "D&D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide" (Love It). On the "Sword Cost Map" you have all the location Pins. I then looked in the story folder thinking I would see all the locations. But no they are not there. I then looked every where (or maybe not) for all those location descriptions. I cant find them. So I was left with the thought that you could somehow create a pin without something to "Drag"? What did i miss?

Zacchaeus
November 13th, 2015, 12:49
On that map click on any of the pins to bring up the story entry related to that particular pin.

bnickelsen
November 13th, 2015, 12:55
On that map click on any of the pins to bring up the story entry related to that particular pin.

I got that. but obviously there is the ability to create hidden story items to use as pins. I am just saying how ever FG built SCAG is something I would like to do.

Zacchaeus
November 13th, 2015, 13:01
I got that. but obviously there is the ability to create hidden story items to use as pins. I am just saying how ever FG built SCAG is something I would like to do.

Em, not entirely sure what you mean. The story entries which relate to the map aren't 'hidden'; they are all contained in the text. For example the top left hand pin relates to Northlander Isles and if you navigate to Chapter 2 --> Island Kingdoms you will find the entry in the text for Northlander Isles. All of the other pins relate to entries in the text also.

bnickelsen
November 13th, 2015, 13:09
Em, not entirely sure what you mean. The story entries which relate to the map aren't 'hidden'; they are all contained in the text. For example the top left hand pin relates to Northlander Isles and if you navigate to Chapter 2 --> Island Kingdoms you will find the entry in the text for Northlander Isles. All of the other pins relate to entries in the text also.

Ah HA.
I was looking at the side bar in "story" to find the entries. I forgot to look in the "library".

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.