PDA

View Full Version : Recruting New Group for Tuesday Night Game - Keep on the Borderlands 5e Dungeon Crawl

Baron28
November 12th, 2015, 19:55
This game is currently full. Thanks for your continued interest.

FG License: Ultimate License
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Central Time USA (UTC -6)
Day of week and time: Tuesdays starting at 7:30 pm
Planned start date: 11/17/2015
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Campaign

Text or Voice: Voice preferred
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Role play & Combat mix: 25/75 Heavy Combat
Number of Players in game & needed: 5 Players (No Vacany)

Rules:

D&D 5E Core books with no customizations. Makes it easy for characters to plug and play.
No Evil characters... doesn't work well for this format.
You can have as many active characters as you like. You do not have to use the same character from game to game. You can retire or park a character for safe keeping. Play 1 character per player in game at a time.
Auto-level up: Minimum player level will be announced prior to game session.
Party Sheet: Can be used for resource sharing.
Lingering Injuries, Scroll Mishaps, Mixing Potions, System Shock, Carousing and Treasure tables are in play. (When I get the DMG Mod file, this mod file will replace the tables I created manually.)
Starting characters at 1st level, standard campaign (normal starting equipment) and multi-classing is not allowed.
Standard array (15,14,13,12,10,8) for stats. We will be using the standard lifting and carrying for weight. (PHB pg. 176).
Movement will be simple, i.e. 1 square is 5 feet in any direction.
Flanking rules variant, i.e. flanking an enemy grants you combat advantage.

The following races are not allowed:

Drow (darkvision capabilities make this race over powered)
Any race from the Elemental Evil Players Companion

Details of your scenario: Sign up to play a classic dungeon crawl!

Link to Gamecalendar page: Click Here! (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1690)

PhorgottenSon
November 12th, 2015, 20:30
This lines up perfectly for me, day of the week and time. A good old fashioned dungeon crawl you say. I have signed up via the calendar.

Artemis Entreri
November 12th, 2015, 20:32
Are you newbie friendly? if so i'm definitely down to do this :D

Baron28
November 12th, 2015, 20:43
PhorgottenSon: Welcome!

Artemis Enteri: This game is well-suited to newbies who are looking to get into D&D 5E and/or Fantasy Grounds. You will be welcomed. Please join.

justinargyle
November 12th, 2015, 20:46
I'd like to join. I haven't played in a game on fantasy grounds yet but I'm familiar with 5e. I've messed around with FG quite a bit just haven't been able to find a game yet. I live in the central time zone and am off work most Tuesday nights although I do occasionally have to work at 10 pm on Tuesday's, but that can probably pushed to 11 pm with the exception being the 24th on November. I'd like to play as a fighter ranger or cleric but I'd be flexible with that to work with a group. I own the complete class pack for FG.

Baron28
November 12th, 2015, 20:53
justinargyle: go ahead and sign up on the calendar. This will be a "play when you can" group. Ideally, I would like it to be weekly as people's schedules permit. You can play any class/race you like except where specified in the Post #1 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26818-Recruting-New-Group-for-Tuesday-Night-Game-Keep-on-the-Borderlands-5e-Dungeon-Crawl&p=239255&viewfull=1#post239255) of this thread.

JohnD
November 12th, 2015, 21:26
I'd love to join but my Tuesday evenings are spoken for until December 8th. Hope you all have a great time!

Baron28
November 12th, 2015, 21:29
I'd love to join but my Tuesday evenings are spoken for until December 8th. Hope you all have a great time!

Thanks John!

Baron28
November 12th, 2015, 21:38
We have 5 players signed up so game on! If you have the class packs or the Player's Handbook Mod files, please begin rolling up your character and then export it to and email to me (email addy in game calendar). If you do not have these mod files, please let me know and I can get your character rolled up for you. This will enable us to hit the ground gaming on Tuesday night! I will get everyone the game alias and teamspeak info soon!

Baron28
November 12th, 2015, 23:38
Ok, table is full. I found my 6th player off line.

Lysander
November 21st, 2015, 12:48
Good Luck guys/gals. I cut my gaming teeth on this module 'way back' in the early '80's when it came out. "Bree Yark!"

Baron28
February 3rd, 2016, 16:27
I have an opening for 1 more player.

PhorgottenSon
February 3rd, 2016, 17:33
It is a good dungeon crawl game with the room for some roleplaying. A good, fun group. A schedule change forced me to drop out of this game and my Thursday game with another group as well or else this spot would not be open.

Thatwonguy23
February 3rd, 2016, 17:39
I have an opening for 1 more player.

I used to DM for a 5e group looking to try FG out as a player for awhile til I get the hang of it before my friends start to get this software so I could DM for them. I usually play a paladin but could fighter or sorcerer if needed. I am central time zone and I'm always free except for Tuesday and Thursday til 3. I have already applied at the calendar

Rickerdoo
February 3rd, 2016, 22:11
If you need an alternate let me know. I have always heard about Keep on the Borderlands but have never actually played it.

Craw
February 5th, 2016, 05:00
Throwing my hat in the ring. Ignore the gray hairs stuck to it. I'll send a PM with more detail about me.

Baron28
February 23rd, 2016, 21:51
I have an opening for 1 or 2 more players. Minimum starting level is 3. Standard starting equipment.

Current player character roster

Half Elf Cleric
Dwarf Fighter
Wood Elf Rogue
Gnome Wizard
Wood Elf Druid

Rickerdoo
February 23rd, 2016, 22:48
Message sent. :)