PDA

View Full Version : Phandelver map pins not linked?

Ikaris
November 12th, 2015, 05:18
I recently purchased the Lost mines of Phandelver, very nice module by the way.
However I noticed the the pins on the maps do not appear to be linked (in fact they seem to be part of the map and not a pin at all).
I was able to get around this by dragging all the appropriate locations onto the map to create functional pins side by side with the ones that came with the map.

The new pins I dragged onto the map work just fine.
However I am curious as to what might be happening with the pins the maps came with.

Thanks for any help.

Zacchaeus
November 12th, 2015, 09:34
I can't replicate this; the map pins are working just fine for me and as expected. Are you using any extensions? And is your game up to date i.e. version 3.1.4?

Ikaris
November 13th, 2015, 00:35
I am fully updated to 3.1.4 but you found the problem right away.
I had the extension Enhanced Images (CoreRPG+) picked.

When I loaded my campaign without that extension enabled everything worked as normal.
Thanks Zacchaeus, that has got me going again.

Trenloe
November 13th, 2015, 05:42
Using the layer extension the pins will only be selectable on the base layer. This is covered in the "things to note" list for the extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-(layers)-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-(and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG) There are a few gotchas with using the layer extension, make sure you're aware of them! :)

Ikaris
November 14th, 2015, 03:50
Thanks for the info and link Trenloe, it works great when I select the base layer for the pins.