PDA

View Full Version : Looking for One Player - D&D 5e - Tyranny of Dragons

Aaron
November 12th, 2015, 02:31
Slot is currently filled. Thankyou for the interest, and I'll re-advertise if another slot is made available.

Looking for a player for our 5E D&D game which has finished Lost Mine of Phandelver, and is currently playing Hoard of the Dragon Queen, and then Rise of Tiamat.

FG License: Each player will require a license.

Time Zone: AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time)

Day: Saturday
Start Time: 4pm
Session Duration: 4-6 hours
Frequency: Weekly

Start date: 14th November

Term: Long Term Published Material Campaign

Communications: Voice with some text
Voice Software: Teamspeak on Fantasy Grounds Servers

Max Players: 4
Players Needed: 1 (Beginners Welcome)

Game Style:
I am a lover of roleplay and story, with combat being a product of story, and not just hack and slash for its own sake. Being a published module campaign will mean certain sessions will be combat intensive, while others will be roleplay intensive. You must love roleplay, as I will not rush roleplay or the story to get into the action scenes. Individual players will get the chance to be in the roleplay spotlight, but remember this is a group game, and your character must fit the group. As a player, it is up to you to fit your character in, not make others fit theirs to yours. With this in mind, the characters are heroes, not villains, and will need their own motivation to continue with the plot, often doing things because it's the right thing, not necessarily because you're getting paid, or getting loot. Being a published module campaign means going with the flow at times, and just accepting it, and creating your own character motivations to continue with the story. Character level progression may be slow, so be prepared for that - story is first.

Player Style:
On top of that discussed in Game Style, players will need to be mature and patient, with every person in the game. Rules Lawyers and Min-Maxers will likely not have a good time - I get rules wrong, and I often change or add rules according to need.

Character Style:
Be creative with your characters, but not absurd. Stereotypes are fine, but the character needs roleplaying flesh on its bones, and reasoning for their motivations and actions. Psychopaths are not fun for group play. No evil alignments, not ever. Background hooks for each character to other characters in the group will be discussed - as a springboard for inter-party roleplay (Eg. I may ask that you are a sibling to another player's character).

Dungeon Master Style:
I am relearning as a GM after a 10 year break, but the first five months of this campaign have given me plenty of time to relearn my style. I have plenty of experience prior to that break, as player and dungeonmaster, in a variety of systems. I am new to Virtual Table Tops, but am getting a good handle on Fantasy Grounds. There are consequences to actions, and I will play them out, and not hand-hold just because you're players - Be smart, play smart, have fun. As a writer and lover of horror, themes may get dark at times, so maturity is required.

Character Details:

- Starting Level: 3rd Level
- Restrictions: Core Classes and Races only
- Statistics: Point Buy
- Hit Points per Level: Max for 1st, average or rolled for new levels.
- Starting Equipment: Starting Wealth by Class (PHB p.143), averaged. Average the dice, and multiply (eg 5d4 x 10gp = 12.5 (Rnd down) x 10 = 120gp). This will be adjusted according to level.

Current Characters:

Elmina - 6th Lvl Human Fighter - Eldritch Knight and Folk Hero
Didymus - 5th Lvl Gnome Wizard - Evocation School
Kastos - 6th Lvl Bronze Dragonborn Rogue - Assassin

How to Apply (Very Important):

Dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r049sru9mlm3kr4/AACZ4Luxzw6VPcZX86kOgasUa?dl=0

The above link has the current rules additions and changes that I use. There are not a lot but many of these have wide ranging implications. Rules are not changed according to whim, but to make the story and game better for all players. Please read through these and decide if you're able to play using these before applying.

The link also has an excel sheet with expanded weapons and armour (some of this is still being tested).

There is also a Campaign Review document of the story so far. You can read through that if you wish to get a feel for how our campaign has progressed. I do a review for each session to help recap for the next session and also as a record of our fun. It's roughly written, so don't expect novel-worthy content.

If you think you would have fun and be an asset to our group please send a private message expressing your interest, and I will arrange a time to have a chat in further detail within teamspeak, answer questions, and assess whether we're a good fit.

Have fun.

damned
November 12th, 2015, 04:40
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16831-New-Zealander-looking-for-games