PDA

View Full Version : Map & Tokens

DMFTodd
January 30th, 2005, 20:27
How do I put a monster on a map? Am I limited to the "lettered balls" from the token box? Is there no way to put a token with an image on the map? If not, how do I handle large characters (say a 3x3 space creature)?

Tokens are one size. Depending on my map, a token could take up way too much room. Is there no way to size them?

Ged
January 30th, 2005, 21:20
The tokens are just static bitmaps (in PNG, JPG, TGA, GIF, or BMP image formats), but there's no size limit.

If you are not content with the lettered balls, you can find links to plenty of great tokens kindly provided by other players. Links to them are easily located in these forums.

If you want to use custom tokens, just add them to \tokens\host or \tokens\shared folder. If you put them in \tokens\host folder, the players can't acces them thorugh their own token box, but if you put them in the other folder, the tokens will be added to each players' tokens.

Ilwan
January 30th, 2005, 22:52
U can download tokens with monsters from my site. I am also creating some for larger monsters, that would take up more space. U can look here for info:
https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/viewtopic.php?t=271
Msd and Elric have also some nice Tokens for U to download.
U can always resize the tokens U have downloaded from us in a graphic program as photoshop, paintshop or gimp to fit your needs.