PDA

View Full Version : 4E items on 5E

ArchAngel1982
November 11th, 2015, 18:09
Hello all,
So firstly, im very VERY new! so my apologies if this is a very simple thing to do and im just not doing it right lol.
I recently used the 4E Item Parser to collect all the data from the 4E ruleset. My reasoning was that try as i might, i couldn't find anywhere a list of all the items on 5E, struck me as odd as ive shelled out what is a small fortune on classes, monsters but nowhere are there items! least not an extensive list like there are from 4E. So parsing all done i load up my campaign but all the stuff id just spent all day getting wasn't available in the modules! BUT if i start a 4E campaign, i can access everything!
So after all my whittling on, is there a way i can use that which i have just spent all day parsing within my 5E campaign? or have i just wasted a day either collecting all this data or spending £100+ on 5E stuff when it doesnt offer as much as the 4E stuff that didnt cost me a fraction on the price?

Hope this all makes sense!
Thanks in advance

Mike

(side note, FG is amazing! and im looking forward to spending alot of time using it lol)

JohnD
November 11th, 2015, 18:27
5e DMG coming soon.

Nylanfs
November 11th, 2015, 18:29
Welcome to the forums and the community! If you only bought FG without any of the 5e modules, then it used to be empty. They just had an update yesterday that adds the Basic Rules.

damned
November 11th, 2015, 21:29
So after all my whittling on, is there a way i can use that which i have just spent all day parsing within my 5E campaign? or have i just wasted a day either collecting all this data or spending £100+ on 5E stuff when it doesnt offer as much as the 4E stuff that didnt cost me a fraction on the price?

The FG 5e products contain everything that the corresponding 5e print books contain.... If its not in MM or PHB then its not in CC or CMs....
Libraries from one ruleset will rarely work with another ruleset - at least not without some (and in some cases very heavy) modifications.

Welcome - dont fret about it - your players dont really want all that stuff do they? :ninja:

Zacchaeus
November 12th, 2015, 19:25
I'm presuming here that by items you mean magical items and right now the Dungeon Master's Guide isn't available for Fantasy Grounds but as JohnD says above it is coming soon. It will have all of the items found in the paper copy of the DMG as well as some additional functionality to create a lot more besides.