PDA

View Full Version : Combat Questions

DMFTodd
January 30th, 2005, 20:23
I see how to make an attack. Is there anyway to roll multiple attacks at once? Say my 15th level fighter attacks at +18/+13/+8. Rather than drap the 18, roll die, drag 13, roll die, etc. Is there a way do it all 3 at once? Other than putting them on the hotkeys?

Maybe I'm dense, but I can't figure out how to roll damage at all. Once I hit, how do I roll damage?

How do you roll attacks for NPCs/Monsters? The NPC sheet has an attack line but I see now way to easily roll dice from that?

The NPC only has 1 attack line. What about my priest NPC that has a crossbow, longsword, and range touch spells?

Ged
January 30th, 2005, 21:09
I see how to make an attack. Is there anyway to roll multiple attacks at once? Say my 15th level fighter attacks at +18/+13/+8. Rather than drap the 18, roll die, drag 13, roll die, etc. Is there a way do it all 3 at once? Other than putting them on the hotkeys?
No, there's not save rolling three dice at once and doing the addition by yourself.

Maybe I'm dense, but I can't figure out how to roll damage at all. Once I hit, how do I roll damage?
Drag the damage bonus and other modifiers that might apply to the modifier box and roll the die/dice appropriate for your weapon. The software is not an RPG automaton, but rather an application where you can mostly do roleplaying in a conventional manner. I.e., roll the dice and do the "math" ;) (although the software provides some help with it).

How do you roll attacks for NPCs/Monsters? The NPC sheet has an attack line but I see now way to easily roll dice from that?
NPCs/monsters often have attacks that are not unambiguosuly defined just by a single number but depend on the situation, feats used etc. Therefore, to make, say, a horn attack with +15 bonus, you could e.g. scroll the modifier in the modifier box to +15, drag it to a hotkey and re-label it as Horn. When you select it and additionally drag, say, Charge Attack +2 from the common modifiers and roll the die, you'll get a line saying Horn +15, Charge Attack +2 and a draggable bubble with the result of the roll. There are also other ways of doing this; this is merely an example.

The NPC only has 1 attack line. What about my priest NPC that has a crossbow, longsword, and range touch spells?
You can hit enter and add the additional attacks. When you next open the window the Attack portion will be enlarged. However, if you have a large number of attacks the window might get too small to show all the data; you can resize it by holding Control-key down and dragging the window.