PDA

View Full Version : Multiple / Double Click Problem

LordEntrails
November 11th, 2015, 00:00
I've got a problem with my players sending multiple rolls when they are only trying to send one. This is happening with several users, from several computers running different versions of Windows (7, 8, 10). So I'm thinking that the problem is not that they are actually double clicking, but either FG is mishandling something or its something on my computer.

Ideas?

Trenloe
November 11th, 2015, 00:04
Where are they clicking? Some buttons/fields need a double-click to roll (e.g. attack/damage, skill rolls, etc. - basically fields that have a dice in the bottom left corner) others need just a single click (buttons, hotkeys, actions etc.). The most common here is hotkeys - if any of your players have dragged rolls to the hotkey bar activating them is a single click; or actions/effects setup in the Actions tab.

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2015, 00:12
Yes, the most common situation I see is that buttons require a single click, while string/number fields with dice icons in lower corner require double-click. The players are probably double-clicking on the buttons. The buttons were meant to replace the fields in most cases (and I removed the dice icon for those field), though I left the double-click functionality in place for backward compatibility.

Which rolls are they doubling on?

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
November 11th, 2015, 00:17
Usually they are double clicking (so they say) on the action on the character sheet actions tab, which should only launch the command once (right?).

I would normally contribute this to PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair) but it is multiple users and they swear they are being careful. And I just duplicated the double roll when I was checking just now. (Tough, only once, it won't do it again).

I'm wondering if it's because of some sort of lag on my host computer? Or...?

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2015, 00:39
I try not to ever assume user error, since UI confusion with so many features is a possible culprit. ;)

For the weapons, you double-click on the attack/damage fields to roll.
For the spells/abilities, you can single-click on the buttons for cast/save/attack/damage/heal/effect, or double-click on the summary fields.

Which ones exactly were the problem? Sometimes, it's all in the details.

Cheers,
JPG

LordEntrails
November 11th, 2015, 02:42
Don't know exactly. I will have to pay a bit more attention next time we play and make sure I get all the details etc.

Marswipp
November 11th, 2015, 02:49
It could even be a hardware problem. Some of the newer computer mice have short-lived buttons if used heavily.

LordEntrails
November 13th, 2015, 03:59
I wondered about mice, as two of the clients (and myself) use Logitech M705 mice, but the same thing happens on a third client with a wired mouse (same player, sometimes he plays at my house on my second laptop, other times he plays from his house).

We should be playing Monday, and I will be having them pay extra careful attention to see if we can figure out exactly what is the cause.