PDA

View Full Version : Release v3.1.4

Moon Wizard
November 10th, 2015, 22:29
Fantasy Grounds v3.1.4 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

We apologize for the rapid updates this last week, but we didn't want to wait to release these two new updates that we were just able to get approved.

Here's a list of what is included:

30-day trial is now available.
[5E] The D&D 5th edition basic rules and the Wizards of the Coast theme and font extensions are now included for all licensed users.

It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html).

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 10th, 2015, 22:30
For community developers and users, this does not change any of the rulesets or adventure module data, so there shouldn't be any backward compatibility concerns with this version.

Regards,
JPG

damned
November 10th, 2015, 22:53
That is amazing! Well done guys!
Now everyone can experience how good 5e is right out of the box!

JohnD
November 10th, 2015, 22:54
Big move there, well done.

Nickademus
November 10th, 2015, 23:37
It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html).

Where? I see only 3.1.3. I assume the two bullet points above are the only things in the 3.1.4 patch notes?

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2015, 00:09
Yes, that's correct. I just checked the link, and it is the right file. Try refreshing the page.

Cheers,
JPG

jajen2003
November 11th, 2015, 04:49
Does this fix the bug regarding data path issues? From this post https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26682-Release-v3-1-3&p=238508&viewfull=1#post238508

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2015, 13:11
Does this fix the bug regarding data path issues? From this post https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26682-Release-v3-1-3&p=238508&viewfull=1#post238508

See Mon Wizard's post at #75 here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26682-Release-v3-1-3/page8)

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2015, 13:12
This is awesome guys; well done.

Mellock
November 11th, 2015, 14:21
Very nice deal indeed :p

whiteTiki
November 11th, 2015, 18:21
Excellent news. Congrats for everyone!

goonalan
November 11th, 2015, 18:35
Is there a massive queue for the update because I keep getting an error-

ERROR -GetPackageFiles: Network: time out

Obviously the rest of the internet seems to be working fine for me, I'm not dropping connection this end, only noticed it after I'd started the updater and then had been shopping on DTRPG for the last 30 mins. It's stuck on the 5E.pak stops dling about 50-75% through every time, which is 9 times in a row so far.

Update and now it's gone through and has got to 5E_Theme_Wizards.ext and has stopped dling between 50-75% through 7 times in a row.

I guess I'll just leave it going?

Or is there something I'm missing, or don't know about?

Cheers PDR

goonalan
November 11th, 2015, 18:38
Now on 9th attempt to DL file, come on baby- this is exciting!

JohnD
November 11th, 2015, 18:38
When this was happening to me, I was told to delete my content.dat and content.dat.tmp files and update again. That worked for me.

goonalan
November 11th, 2015, 18:39
9th time! Woo-hoo! In your face world wide web! FTW!

goonalan
November 11th, 2015, 18:57
When this was happening to me, I was told to delete my content.dat and content.dat.tmp files and update again. That worked for me.

Two questions sir,

1) How do I do that- as in where do I find those particular files, I'm a computer idiot.

2) Will deleting these two folders effect the games I have in play, and all the stuff I've inputted so far.

Thanks in advance.

PS Doing Modules and on second run through to DL HOTDQ at present, and stuck again by the looks of things.

Boo!

Cheers PDR

Yep, third attempt started.

JohnD
November 11th, 2015, 21:16
They are in your Data folder. Bring up the FG launcher screen and in the upper right there's a small folder - that takes you to your Data folder. Find the two files and delete them. The .dat file is the one the program is trying to update and the .dat.tmp one is the temporary file created when the update process fails. Delete both and try updating again.

Doing this didn't impact any of my game stuff/content (although, with a failed update like this, you will likely notice your purchased 5E content is gone until you successfully complete the update).

Griogre
November 11th, 2015, 21:24
1) If you start FG and on the launcher screen above the version number on the top right there is a folder icon. Click it and it will pop up a window with FG's data. There will be a list of folders and files. One of the files will be content.dat and there might be a content.dat.tmp file. Delete both of them.

2) Deleting these only these files will not effect any of your game data. All that is kept in the campaigns folder so just deleting those two files only effects the downloader. You are doing this in case the downloader is stuck because the .dat file got corrupt. The downloader will rebuild the file from scratch after it is deleted.

whiteTiki
November 11th, 2015, 22:07
Hi there. In my attempt to update this message came out:

Fantasy Grounds Updater
SaveToVault
Unable to extract file (extensions/5E_Language_Fonts_FR_Wizards.ext)

Then:
Fantasy Grounds Updater
SaveToVault
Unable to save file (extensions/5E_Language_Fonts_FR_Wizards.ext) to content vault

damned
November 11th, 2015, 22:09
lotta updating going on just now (evening north america)... keep trying if its still stuck on those same files follow JohnD and Griogre's advice....

Trenloe
November 11th, 2015, 22:12
Hi there. In my attempt to update this message came out:

Fantasy Grounds Updater
SaveToVault
Unable to extract file (extensions/5E_Language_Fonts_FR_Wizards.ext)

Then:
Fantasy Grounds Updater
SaveToVault
Unable to save file (extensions/5E_Language_Fonts_FR_Wizards.ext) to content vault
Delete the two files mentioned above and re-run the update. Run FG as administrator before you run the update.

whiteTiki
November 11th, 2015, 22:42
Thanks Trenloe. That solved the issue.

goonalan
November 12th, 2015, 01:00
They are in your Data folder. Bring up the FG launcher screen and in the upper right there's a small folder - that takes you to your Data folder. Find the two files and delete them. The .dat file is the one the program is trying to update and the .dat.tmp one is the temporary file created when the update process fails. Delete both and try updating again.

Doing this didn't impact any of my game stuff/content (although, with a failed update like this, you will likely notice your purchased 5E content is gone until you successfully complete the update).

And then it worked... went off to make tea after watching it fail to download LMOP about seven more times, came back thirty minutes later and all done.

Thanks though, this may be of use to me in the future.

Cheers Paul

goonalan
November 12th, 2015, 01:00
1) If you start FG and on the launcher screen above the version number on the top right there is a folder icon. Click it and it will pop up a window with FG's data. There will be a list of folders and files. One of the files will be content.dat and there might be a content.dat.tmp file. Delete both of them.

2) Deleting these only these files will not effect any of your game data. All that is kept in the campaigns folder so just deleting those two files only effects the downloader. You are doing this in case the downloader is stuck because the .dat file got corrupt. The downloader will rebuild the file from scratch after it is deleted.

And then it worked... went off to make tea after watching it fail to download LMOP about seven more times, came back thirty minutes later and all done.

Thanks though, this may be of use to me in the future.

Cheers Paul